I always wanted a baby, to become a mother, but I'll never be able to. He took that away from me.

"Who's he?"

Shit! Did I really say that out loud?

"Yes, you did," he said letting out a chuckle before facing the open land ahead of us.

"How are we gonna take care of a baby in this mess?" realization finally dawned on me. A baby would put us all in danger, a loud needy baby who would cry all the time.

"I don't know" he let out a sigh before he continued "All I know is that I'm gonna be there for Lori and my kid. I don't care what she or anyone else says, that kid is mine. And I'd do anything to keep them safe."

Since when is Shane so sane? 

I took a look at Shane skeptically, raising an eyebrow before putting finger guns against his head.

"Who are you and what did you do to officer asshole?"

We both cracked up laughing until it quickly died down. He  looked at me in the eyes and asked a question I wasn't prepared for.

"Were your eyes always green?"

Green? My eyes?

No way, my eyes are as brown as wood.

"No, I drugged myself with something that magically turns my blood blue and my eyes green! Obviously, they've always been green, Shane."

He ate up the lie I fed him, and just started laughing not even noticing that I was laughing out of nervousness.

Officer my ass.

In the short time that I had met the group, never would I have thought I'd be sitting in some family's farm sharing a laugh Shane out of all people.

***

"kick my leg one more time and I swear to God I will turn you into a roasted brussels sprouts and eat you after dinner"

"Sorry! There's literally no room for my legs" Glenn whisper-yelled at me across the table.

We were having an amazing family dinner, and lucky for us, there wasn't enough room on the adult's table, and since we were such great kids, we got our own table with the two daughters of the farmer, some guy, Glenn and I. Although Glenn didn't seem to mind being squished against the eldest daughter, Maggie.

Those two are horrible at hiding whatever they have going on.

Looking down at my plate, I had barely eaten the food, although it tasted amazing, and it was my first proper meal in a while, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

The chair creased against the floor as I stood up, taking my plate with me and heading towards Lori, who had an empty plate in front of her, possibly hesitant to fill a second plate.

The dim room was lightly lit with some candles, the dark wood decorating the house, with the old painted walls, you could tell it was a house with years of memories.

"Thank you, everyone, dinner was delicious."

"Thank you, Elleanor, the squirrels you hunted tasted really good when cooked properly," Said Dale giving Shane a side-eye, causing everyone to finally loosen up after a quiet dinner and share a laugh.

I guess Shane didn't know how to cook squirrels?

I discreetly put my plate in front of Lori, giving her a nod when she looked up at me confused.

She needs it more than me, she has a baby to feed.

Making my way back into the kitchen, I poured some rice and steak onto a plate, added some of the cooked vegetables on the side, with a cup of juice and made my way up the stairs.

A Simple Coincidence // Daryl Dixonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें