023 ♥︎

★★★★★

Birthdays. I don't understand them at all. Birthdays were invented by egyptians. Crazy right? I googled that by the way. I just needed an intro for this chapter. It was 1 hour before y/n's birthday. YES I KNOW I SKIPPED A DAY BECAUSE I HAD WRITERS BLOCK PLUS I HAVE ACT TESTING NEXT WEEK AND I ALSO HAVE MY FIRST SOFTBALL GAME OF THIS SEASON.

——

Ashtray had set an alarm to wake up an hour before 12 a.m., so he could be the first to tell her happy birthday. He grabbed his blanket that was decorated in an princeton orange, and quietly made his way to her room. He made sure Fezco wasn't passed out on the couch before he opened her door. He found her sleeping, only her head, eyes and up, were visible.

Y/n liked to sleep with the blankets over her lower part of her face. She felt more warm and comfortable as she felt her own warm breath bounce off the blankets onto her skin. She liked the feeling of suffocating, sometimes. Something about it made her feel at peace. Or she was most likely going crazy.

Ashtray welcomed himself in, silently shutting the door behind him. He walked to the side y/n was sleeping on, slightly shaking her body.

"Y/n." Ashtray whispered.

"Huh?" Y/n mumbled, moving Ashtray's arm off her.

"Get up." Ashtray ripped the blanket off her.

"Stop." Y/n yelled in a whisper while moving the blanket back over her.

"Y/n. Get up." Ashtray calmly demanded.

"Shut up and go back to your room. I don't know about you but I like to sleep." Y/n spat, turning toward the wall.

"Come on." Ashtray begged, crawling over her and getting under the covers with her.

"What do you want, Ash , that's so important?" Y/n whined, turning the opposite way of him.

"It's almost 12 in the morning." Ashtray reasoned.

"Okay? What's so special about 12 a.m.? Like all it is, is the start of tomorrow." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Tomorrow is your birthday. I wanna be able the first one to say happy birthday." Ashtray

"You're so cute. But I'm tired." Y/n turned over, grabbing Ashtray's hands and placing them on her face.

"We have 40 minutes left. Uh...are you scared to be 16?" Ashtray tried to keep her awake.

"A little. We'll finally be the same age tho. Well only till next year in july." Y/n kept her eyes closed as she smiled.

"Yeah. Got anything you wanna do tomorrow? With me and Fez, or just me?" Ashtray mumbled the last part of his question.

"No, not really. Maybe we could go to the gas station and just sit on the roof? My mind has no brain cells right now." Y/n chuckled quietly.

"When you think of something let me know." Ashtray smiled to himself.

"I will." Y/n mumbled, closing her eyes.

Y/n and Ashtray laid on her bed, attempting to stay up. Ashtray and her would go back and forth asking each other questions. Y/n was so tired that she knew she would forget most of the things they talked about tonight.