Chapter 19

The two got back to the station at about 4pm. Kate spent the last two hours working through her homework for the day. As she was moving on to her last assignment for her advanced literature she realized she couldn't figure out what theme she should do for her essay.

Kate whipped out her phone and look through her contacts. About 5 names down she found Elijahs and she shot him a quick text.

Kate- Hey Elijah, I was wondering if I could come in tomorrow morning before school? I had a few questions about the essay.

Kate wasn't sure how long it would take him to reply. It didn't take long at all.
5 minutes passed and her phone pinged. She reached over and grabbed the device to see a reply.

Elijah- Yes, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

Kate- Great!

She turned off her phone and heard footsteps come up behind her. She turned around and saw Liv.

"Ready to go?" Liv asked her coat and back in hand.

Kate gave her a smile and nodded while quickly gathering up her belongs from her desk.

The two girls walking out sided by side. As they made their way out the first set of doors they pasted Finn.

"Don't say here to late Mikaelson." Liv said.

"Nothing to worry about was planning on making my way out of here soon enough." He said with a smile on his face.

"Great well me and Kate are heading out. Have nice night Finn."

Liv started walking out. Kate followed but not before saying," Night Finn."

"Night Kate." He replied with a smirk.

Kate simply blushed and followed liv out to the car.

Once they were in Liv asked with a smirk,"What was that?"

Kate then replied surprised while putting on her seatbelt," What was what?"

"Oh just that encounter and the blush."
Liv raised an eyebrow. She was a little surprised since Kate never really had crush on anyone at least not with her.

"I have no idea what your talking about Liv. I think your seeing things." Kate replied playing dumb.

"Mmhmm," Liv hummed not believing a word she just said.

Kate turned her head to look at liv and asked," What was the mmhmm for?"

"Oh just the fact that you have a crush on your work partner."

Kate scoffed.
"I do not."

Liv laughed," Keep telling yourself that. Just so you know I think he's a bit to old for you, but your almost 19 so you can make your own decisions on who to date."

Kates jaw just dropped not expecting that reply.

Liv laughed at her while keeping her eyes on the road.

Kate closed her mouth with a smile on her face shaking her head. Ever since Connor and her parents died in the car crash Liv had become a parental figure to them like a second mother and they couldn't be more thankful.

The two went through a drive thru on the way home for dinner since neither wanted to cook. As they opened the front door they were greeted with the sight of Noah running around in shorts and no shirt of with a nerf gun. And let's not forget the bandana on his head.

The two woman's eyebrows raised at the sight.
Noah yelled not noticing the two behind him,"You never take me alive!"

Kate desperately tried to stop herself from bursting into a fit of laughter as she saw Connor run into the room with similar attire. The big difference was the red and black war paint on his face.