Chapter 13

Kate walked up to the front door of the mansion. She waited a minute to ponder if Connor had sent her the correct address. She checked her phone again to make sure. It was right. She knocked on the front door and waited. After about a minute the door opened and their stood Mr. Mikaelson. She gave him a smile and said," Hi, Mr. Mikaelson I'm here to pick up Connor.

He smirked said," ah, yes. He's in the living room with my siblings. Please come in." Klaus opened the door wider and took a step back making room for his mate to enter. Kate smiled politely and accepted the invitation. She took of her shoes and left them on the mat by the doorway. He beckoned her to follow him, and she did. The two made their way to the living room.

As she stepped in, Connor noticed her right away. He was still focusing on his game with Kol and said," Kate, hey, you here to see my soon to be victory." Kol jokingly put an offended look on his face and said," I don't think so mate." The two staring at the screen in front of them with complete focus. Kate chuckled at the two and said," Not quite, but I am here to take you home."

Rebekah quickly got off the couch and grabbed Kates hand, dragging her to the couch. Kate lightly tried to stop her. Rebekah looked back at Kate and said," oh come on Kate stay a while it'll be fun."
" Yes, do stay love we love the company," Klaus said.

"I-I wouldn't want to intrude Mr. Mikaelson." Kate responded.
"Nonsense and your a friend of Rebekah and kol. We love the company. Also call me klaus no need to be so formal here."

Kate took a seat on the couch the boys could all see the tenseness in her shoulders, but didn't comment.
Rebekah then said," Kate these are my older brothers Elijah and Finn."

" Nice to meet you guys," Kate said with a polite smile still not completely at ease. She was having weird feelings. She felt attraction and some sort of pull. She was absorbed into her thoughts until the two older men responded.

"Nice to meet you as well Kate. Rebekah has mentioned that you have some of the higher level classes that the school has to offer." Elijah said trying to put his mate at ease with some less personal questions.

Kate smiled and said," yeah I've been focusing more on creative writing and older literature. I've also done a lot of law and justice type classes on the higher spectrum they help with the work I do."

Finn was the next to talk and asked even though her already knew the answer.
" If you don't mind me asking Kate what do you do for a job?"

Kate smile and crossed her legs making herself more comfortable as the tense atmosphere started to fade away. " No, not at all. I work with Connor and my legal guardian at SVU at the NYPD."

Klaus was worried about her job and so were his brothers. He wanted more information on what she did in particular.

He asked," So, Kate at your job what do you specialize in there?"

" I usually work in the sex trafficking area. I'll sometimes go undercover to trying and get locations on certain people to playing one of the girls who get stuck in the industry."

They did not like that what so ever. The four were furious on the inside. Kol had to focus on the game trying not to show any outward signs of anger. The other three remained stoic not letting their fear and anger show.

Kate continued," but most of the time I stay at the office if possible working on reports or talking to suspects. We only get bigs groups once every few months."

All of a sudden Kate's phone start ringing. The siblings watched he answer," hey elena what's up?"

They listened into the phone call. They hated how the doppelgänger had already tried to insert herself in their mates life.
" no much, but I was wondering if you could come over tonight to hang out?"

They siblings tensed.
" oh no sorry elena Livs having me watch Noah at the moment and I can't leave him alone whiles she's out getting stuff for dinner sorry."

" oh alright no problem. Some other time?"

"Sure, I got to go bye."
"Bye." Elena said then hung up the phone. Kate took the phone from her ear. Rebekah raised an eyebrow at her new friend. Kate turned to look Rebekah in the eye and asked," is it just me or is there something of about her?"
Rebekah agreed with Elena being off.
The group talked for while and soon Kol and Connor came over and joined in the conversation.

By the time that Connor and Kate had left they started feeling comfortable around each other. Rebekah and Kate has also set up a girls night on Friday.

Connor and Kate went home that night, but little did they know what awaited them in their dreams later that night.