Chapter 8

" I have to head to art, but I'll see you later Kol." Kate smiled and walked off to her next class as Kol watched her walk away. He didn't realize he had zoned out until he felt a hand hit him on the back of the head.
"Ow, what was that for Rebekah," and he turned to see Rebekah standing behind him with a look.

"You were standing in the middle of the hallway gazing into space. So I'm assuming you found her."

" Yes, and at the moment she's heading to Nik," he said with jealousy seeping into his voice. The siblings started walking to the class they had together.

They were passing the office when they got a text from Elijah saying," Did any of you find her?"

Kol was the first to reply.

Kol- yeah, her name is Kate. I didn't get a last name. Nik she's on her way to you.

Elijah- Found her from the secretary. Kate Haraway.

Kol- We also have a bit of a problem.

Klaus - which is? What did you do now Kol?

Kol- Me? Why do you instantly assume I did something huh?

Finn- quit it. What is the problem Kol?

Kol- You remember Ayanna saying that our enemies would come here to try and break the bond."

Klaus- yes of course we do, get to the point Kol!

Elijah- calm yourself Niklaus.

Kol- seems like the whole bloody lot from mystic falls is here.

Finn- how did you figure out brother?

Kol- because Kate seems to have befriended them already. And had the vampire hunter for a teacher.

The warning bell rang and the siblings put their phones away. Kol and Rebekah entered the classroom and quickly took two empty seats. Kol turned to Rebekah and said," We're sitting with my mate at lunch. After you finish your 4th period meet us in the library Bekah."

Kol has a dazed smile on his face until Rebekah said," I can't."

His smile turned to a grimace," and why not?"
"Because I found my Mate." She had a smile on her face as she looked at her brother.

Kol rolled his eyes and said," Are you sure he's your Mate Bekah? Or is another one of your playthings like that commoner Matt was it or maybe he's someone you can be a strumpet with like the annoying older Salvatore." He looked in the eye with an innocent smile as if he hadn't just insulted her.

"Shut your mouth Kol or the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," Rebekah threatened her brother and glared.

With Kate and Simon between classes

Kate was heading down the hallway on her way to art after departing with Kol.
She thought he was cute and charming, but one downside though was he was a troublemaker, a bad boy. She could see the mischief lurking behind the dark brown orbs. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice Connor come up behind her.

She jumped not expecting the sudden weight going around her shoulders. They spent the time talking about the two new students they met Kol and Rebekah.
Kate was extremely excited about meeting Rebekah. Why? Well, let's just say Connor doesn't usually get giddy about a girl unless they're very important.

As they continued their way, with Connors's arm wrapped around Kate's shoulder they didn't notice a certain noble original standing off to the side. He hated that another man was touching his mate.

But he didn't want to jump to conclusions without any context on the relationship between them. Although if he happened to be the boyfriend he wouldn't have a problem with " taking care of the problem."
He watched until the pair turned off of the main hallway. He just hoped that Klaus would keep his cool about the display. The last thing they needed was to scare her off.