Thorin

Requested by ThoraOakenshield based in BOTFA, I'm sorry I took a few days to update, I hope you enjoy!! FYI Fili and Kili are alive (I don't believe its mentioned)

Thorin gave a struggling grunt as Azog sat on top of him, the heavy pale orcs weapon just inches from Thorin's chest.

The pale orc smirked down at the expression on the dwarf leaders face, he felt accomplished.

You, Thorin's wife, sister to Dwalin and Balin, stumbled over as stealthily as possible. You swung your sword up, holding back a yelp of pain from your broken rib and stabbed it through the pale orc as if it was nothing.

"The line of Durin, will not be broken!" You shouted, before darkness took over and you had fallen on the cold ice.

Just minutes before you fought off Bolg, he broke your rib, and knocked your head into the ice, you were lucky to be conscious as long as you were, to kill Bolg.

Thorin pushed the now dead orc off of him and rushed to your aid.

"(Y/n)!" He called out, leaning over your body, his expression now worried he gently picked you up and carried you to the healing tent down below.

"Oin! Help her! Please." Thorin commanded as he placed you on a bed near the back.

Oin came rushing over and gave Thorin a nodd, as to leave and continue fighting.

It was now Oin's turn to give the line of Durin a miracle.

******

The battle now won, there were many in the healing tent, but to the dwarves advantage those who were weren't dead. There was only one in the healing tent that Thorin cared of more deeply then the others.

Thorin came into the tent, dirty, a few scratches, but who would come in clean from a battle, he quickened his pace to the back of the tent where you laid.

Thorin pulled up a chair and sat next to you, grabbing a hold of your hand.

His eyes filled with tears, he looked around to see if anyone was watching.

He laid his forehead on your hand and let his tears fall.

"I'm so sorry (y/n)..." He started, bringing his beautiful blue teary eyes to gaze upon your face.
"I'm sorry for letting the sickness effect me, if I had only been the true dwarf you fell in love with this pain would have never come to you. If I had only been loyal to my word, unselfish, and lost my pride I could have saved you from this retched mess. I love you so much my dear (y/n)...please don't let go of this life...please come back to me...I promise I will be a better husband to you...a loyal, true dwarf to his word...come back to me (y/n)...I need you." He cried into your hand again.

Minutes passed and Thorin's weeping came to a stop, to his advantage, Oin came back in the tent with news.

"Its truly a miracle Thorin, that your wife, and child lived through this. I thought for sure we were going to lose the baby due to the shattered rib, but it truly is a Durin. Its already got the strength of one." Oin smiled at Thorin, although Thorin's expression was confusion.

"Child?" Thorin questioned.

"Yes, oh my, my deepest apologies my King. I didn't know you were unaware of this news." Oin apologized, and rushed out of the tent.

Thorin chuckled slightly to himself at Oin's reaction before turning back to you.

He moved his hand to your cheek and carressed it gently with his thumb. He stared adoringly, when your eyes fluttered open.

You sighed, and gave Thorin a sweet smile.

"Oin told you, didn't he?" You managed to say softly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Thorin asked.

"Well now, if I told you...would you have let me go into battle?"

"No...I would not." He smiled, and looked down to his feet.

You rose your hand and lifted his chin.

"Exactly, and our child may of lost it's father." His eyes still a little teary met yours.

"You always save me, when am I ever going to get the chance to save you?" He asked.

"You save me every day, in the little things you do." You smiled at him, he held your hand tighter.

"Not for a while...the sickness..." He started.

"I heard you." You interrupted.
"I may have been under, but I heard every word you spoke to me Thorin, and I do forgive you, and I fought my hardest to come back to you. So did our baby." You looked to your stomach, he did as well.

"And I except your promise." You finished.

"I will be the best husband you could ever dream of having, and will put my strongest effort into fathering this child alongside you." He said gently, looking to your eyes once again.

"I know you will, you've already started." You replied.
"I love you Thorin Oakenshield, even in your darkest hours."

"And I love you (y/n) Oakenshield, you will never stop saving me." With that being said he leant into you, closing the space between you with a kiss.