Bilbo

Your a hobbit from the shire, you and Bilbo are very good friends and you joined the journey with him and the company. He gets jealous when Thorin takes a liking to you (not in more then a friend way).

All the dwarves, Gandalf, Bilbo and you had been travelling on foot all day and by now you had set up camp.

You were really upset this particular day and you knew exactly why. You had met the elves of Rivendall a few days before and you were feeling quite insecure about yourself. It was eating you alive.

Since one of the beautiful she-elves walked in, you had been really quiet. You felt like you weren't beautiful, elegant, or tall enough.

You hid your feelings well from the dwarves, even though they had grown to be good friends of yours, but to be fair you didn't speak to Bilbo either.

Since that day your feelings had been a lot less hidden, it was hard for you to bottle things inside of yourself.

You sat away from the others, the fire was blazing, they were laughing, eating, drinking. You just didn't want to be a bother.

There was a big rock above the others (maybe about 10ft, they could see you from the fire but couldn't hear you), you climbed up and sat down on the edge.

You sighed.

It was unnoticeable but while your gaze was upon the stars, Thorin's gaze found you on the rocks. He wasn't normally one for emotional things but when it came to hurting his company or loved ones that's when he stood up and said something.

He said something quick to Balin, which was whom he was speaking too before going up to check on you.

Bilbo was busy speaking with Ori and Dori so he hadn't noticed much, but when his eyes wandered to Balin he saw that Thorin was no longer there, he looked around for you but he could not see you, he panicked.

That's when he looked to the rocks. He saw Thorin sit next to you and you gave him a soft smile.

"Excuse me, fellas." Bilbo said, getting up.

You heard a crumble of a few stones behind you, you turned your gaze to Thorin. He smiled softly and sat next to you.

"Why have you been so solemn these last few days?" He asked.

"No reason Thorin, I just have nothing to speak about." You said.

"You? Nothing to speak about?" He laughed and you smiled.

"Yes, Thorin. Hobbits run out of conversation as well."

"Dwarves aren't totally clueless, (y/n). We can see just as well as any other creature when sadness is visible." He said.

Bilbo reached the top and sighed.

"Oh hello Thorin, (y/n), why are you two up here?" Bilbo said awkwardly, while placing a hand onto his hip.

You both turned to him with a chuckle. Thorin knew that you and Bilbo had a connection, he also knew how Bilbo always knew how to cheer you up.

"Well you can speak with her, she won't tell me what is bothering her, she might tell you, Baggins." Thorin said standing leaving both you and Bilbo in silence.

He sat down next to you and glanced at you.

"What has been bothering you (y/n)? You've been this way since Rivendall, I thought you always dreamed of seeing the elves." Bilbo spoke.

You looked down at the dwarves.

"I have Bilbo, I always have." You said softly.

"Then what is on your mind?"

You had to tell him, he was your best friend, and you loved him so. You looked into his eyes.

"Oh Bilbo... I never thought I would ever think this way..I thought I would have been much happier when I finally laid my eyes on the beauty and elegance of the elves but it only made me feel insecure. I've never felt so short in my life, now standing next to you I feel like a mouse. I would have never dreamed of feeling so low on myself Bilbo." You looked back down.

"That's non sense." He said.

"Non sense?"

"Yes non sense (y/n)."

You looked at him confused.

"How so?" You questioned.

"U-uh, because your absolutely beautiful, a-and you don't need to be tall, I love you just the mouse size you are and just so you know I'm not very much taller then you its only a few inches-" he started but you interrupted.

"What was that?" You said referring to the three words you weren't sure came from his mouth.

"Its only a few inches, I don't think your the size-"

"No no Bilbo! Before that!" You jumped a bit touching his shoulder.

"Your absolutely beautiful?" He knew what he said but refused to repeat.

"Bilbo Baggins, you know what I mean." You said sternly.

"Oh, you mean. Oh." He went silent with a blush and tried to turn away from you but you stopped him.

"Did you say you love me?" You smiled, he looked in your eyes.

"U-uh...yes." He looked back down fearing your response.

"Oh Bilbo! You don't know how long I've wanted to hear those words leave your mouth!" You giggled and tackled him with a hug.

"You have, you have?" He questioned with a chuckle.

"Yes!" You laughed, still on top of him.

"Oh, um, uh..." Bilbo mumbled, you got off him helping him to stand.

You stayed silent for a few seconds, both of you taking all of this in.

"I love you too, Bilbo." You said softly before pressing your lips to his.

You heard cheers erupt below, and you separated to see the dwarves clapping and laughing. Some saying 'finally!'. You giggled and looked back to Bilbo.

There wasn't any possible way you would ever be insecure again.