Thirty six | Lilah

Comincia dall'inizio

'Are you sure? You look a little pale,' Zayn pinches my arm so I pull it away. He was doing so well but now he's only making it worse. Deciding not to poke at him for it, I don't think he means any harm.

'You didn't brush out your hair either? It isn't as straight as usual,' Jasmine makes another unnecessary comment. Staring at her I don't see why she's being so picky all of a sudden. If anything I should be picking at her for fucks sake.

'Well actually Elaina said—' I try to talk back but Elaina speaks over me.

'Oh my gosh that's literally what I said,' Elaina looks at Jasmine and my heartbeat freezes. Glancing over to her she doesn't look back at me. Not even once.

'You think so too right Colton?' Jasmine looks over at him but I just poke my finger into my inner arm. I should've sat at the opposite end of the table. I'm not in the mood for her bullshit and I don't even know how I even got along with her before this. Was she always even like this? How the fuck did I not notice. It's not like he's going to agree with her either, he never does. He always tells her to leave me alone or he'll just agree with me to end it off. It was so obvious why she was doing this yet I never picked up on her obsession with him.

'She's right...your hair does look a little wavey,' Colton agrees which shatters me. I'm not upset over the dumb hairstyle, I just didn't expect him to side with her so easily. Glancing towards Jasmine she even looks surprised but the look is quickly washed away with satisfaction, 'you should-,'

'You know what I'm not really hungry.' I cut him off. I'm practically chewing on my words at this point, 'I'll see you guys in class.'

'Lilah. At least eat a little bit of—' surprised when Colton seems to care, it oddly enough upsets me. The amount of time I spent crying because he ended whatever the fuck he was dragging between us by saying text me if I have any questions, fucking hurts.

Making my way out of the cafeteria I try my hardest to keep my breath steady. Maybe it's because I'm fucked up right but I feel so distanced from them. I didn't know what to talk about or what to say and I honestly felt targeted sitting there. If I stayed there they might've gone for my freckles or green eyes or anything that makes me, me.

Dumping my sandwich into the trash can, I exit the cafeteria doors and head straight to the bathroom. Usually no one goes there during break which is fair because most people would want to be with their friends who aren't in their classes. These lunch breaks are almost all the free time people truly have. That's how I used to be with Colton at least, he could never get into my classes given that he's a senior.

Opening the bathroom door I walk in and look in the mirror. A little startled to see the glossy coat framing my eyes, I didn't even notice so I wipe the tears away but my eyes are still red.

'Fuck,' I mumble so I enter a stall to avoid any awkward confrontation. Locking the door I flinch when I hear the bathroom doors swing open.

Staying quiet I hear the sound of flats clicking on the bathroom floor. 'She seriously like walked out.'

'It's because Colton agreed with you,' I recognize Elaina's voice.

'Well they aren't dating so I don't understand why she got all pissed about it.' Jasmine turns the tap on to assumably wash her hands. For a second I thought she might've came in here to look for me but I guess not.

'I mean they technically broke up so he owes her nothing now.' Jasmine shrugs it off. She really doesn't seem to care huh? I almost feel stupid for calling her my best friend because 'best friends' don't say that behind their friends back.

'I guess...but they did just break up,' Elaina doesn't seem to agree as much which almost makes me feel bad. I never payed as much effort into my friendship with her yet she's being way more loyal than the person I did pay attention too. Except that fact that she lied about disliking my hair back then for attention. That hurt me a little bit.