20 - Nablai's Nebula

May has graced us with its presence and we have started our celebrations. And why not? It's a proud occasion for all the mothertroopers that have been a part of Tevun-Krus since its inception nine years ago. For the first time in years, I'm speechless. Well... tongue-tied would be a better word. All in all, I'm really really happy to be a part of Tevun-Krus' #100 issue celebrations. This issue is about us, about you and the amazing scificy community on Wattpad. This is us. Tevun-Krus is us.

 Tevun-Krus is us

The first issue of Tevun-Krus was posted on July 08, 2013

The first issue of Tevun-Krus was posted on July 08, 2013. Called Tevun-Krus #1 - First Contact, it had 11 parts. The name Tevun-Krus was suggested by ashiqtnt which according to his sources--was Vulcan for month. Even though #1 issue was posted a month ago in July, the official announcement regarding the introductory first issue wasn't posted until August 22, 2013.

For those who missed it, here's the link:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/6745847-tevun-krus-1-first-contact

For people with a Goodreads account, you can read the early Tevun-Krus issues here:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/192684-tevun-krus

It's only natural the first chapter be helmed by one of the founders- AngusEcrivain. The sub-genre was First Contact. That's what the founders Dan and Connor / PlanetaryFlex were trying to do. Reach out to the fantastic Wattpad community and spread some of the amazingly awesomely brilliant sub-genres science-fiction had to offer. They wanted to showcase the magic of scifi to the budding Wattpad community. And, they succeeded. Splendidly! Dan and parishsp pushed those early issues in the Ooorah and Wattpad multiverse with regular consistency.

With inputs from DavidGibbs6, JJMarmite, Nika_Yaya, British_Beauty and an interview(the first of many) with TheOrangutan, the rollercoaster ride had begun. Spunk just got punked with Tevun-Krus. There was no looking back!

Initially Tevun-Krus was launched to connect the Wattpad community to scifi and to publicise Ooorah more since it was a part of the Orange landscape for while. But what started as an ezine, quickly turned into a legacy. An icon for lovers of scifi all over Wattpad. It's our #100 issue and for many of us, TK has come to mean so much more than just an issue or an ezine, for that matter.

Dan and Connor knew what they began with TK, was the stuff legends are made of. After a while, Dan took over as sole lead and with parishsp's wonderful support, he kept at it undeterred. They kept at it with Tevun-Krus #2- Post-Apocalyptic, Tevun-Krus #3- Steam Punk, Tevun-Krus #4- Space Opera and issues went on. When the time came, Dan handed the reins to a worthy successor in Mike / PhonerionBallznevsky and after Mike, our current lead--the marvellously fantastic Jinn / jinnis is doing an excellent job ❤️

Every issue has contributions from great folks. Tevun-Krus would be incomplete without its community of dedicated writers and contributors. Each writer enhanced the inclusivity of Tevun-Krus and brought their own unique world into the mothership--enriching Ooorah in the process.

'Troopers of the Ooorah! Unite!

I dedicate this issue to all who made Tevun-Krus what it truly is today--our mothertroopers:

TheOrangutan, bloodsword, DavidGibbs6, Rishtka10001, sigrist, Renoe_K, TheRobot, Alice_Iceflower, Holly_Gonzalez, krazydiamond, nosleneillor. elveloy, jewel1307, AE_KIrk, ChristopherArmstron8, Reverentia, Red_Harvey, SarahWeaver6, SimoneFar, painebook, Arveliot, LovelyBurns, jespah, Wuckster, Johnnedwill, sleepingdraco, wdhenning, theidiotmachine, CarolinaC, RJGlynn, angerbda, SuVida777, Reffster, sacredliliac, HC_Leung, JeffreyVonHauger, WilliamJJackson and me.

I've tried my best to track down all the names who came up with delightful stories over the years, but I might have missed some along the way. Feel free to tag me so I can add them.

This is not the end, but rather a beginning

This is not the end, but rather a beginning. A beginning of a promise. Of a vow. To bring you remarkable content month after month, year after year. Till it is possible... There will be delays and mistakes, but nothing you can't redeem. So, here's me, saying goodbye till we meet in June 😄

Love you and take care ❤️ Cheers, Nab =] / Nablai