Chapter 16

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭?

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Wong's dead body lies inside the grave. Eveyone stands around him, wearing black. His loss hurts them more than anything.

Stephen kneels in front of the grave, crying. Wanda stands behind him and places her hand on his shoulder. He slightly turns around and hugs her. Wanda cries as well

"Come on, you gotta get up. Come on" Wanda says helping him get up "Let's go"

They all start to leave, when suddenly Peter 1's eye catches a figure far away from them, sobbing.

It was Nemesis.

He was the only one that saw her. He watches her leave without coming closer. He wonders, should he tell the others? Should he keep it for himself?

Within seconds, he decided to keep it to himself. It doesn't matter now and it won't bring back Wong.

Makkari lies in a bed inside a room in the Sanctum. After the fight with Nemesis, she's been in a coma for the past 3 days.

The Eternals are standing around her. Sersi sits next to her, holding her hand.

"Her condition is stable" Phastos begins "She hasn't shown any sign of improvement"

"How could Nemesis do that?" Sersi asks.

"Now we now what we're really dealing with.." Kingo says.

"He's right... there's no hope left for her" Sersi says.

"Druig, I know it's hard for you too, but you must understand that right now we're not trying to save her...we're trying to kill her" Phastos says.

"I understand completely...and I agree. I never thought I would say that but, I do. I stayed behind in all those battles, observing her... I've come to a conclusion that Nemesis will never come back" He says.

"I'd never thought you'd abandoned her that easily" Thena says and steps out of her corner.

"What do you want me to do? We have no other choice!" He says.

"I know that, but it doesn't hurt knowing that you still believe in her" Thena tells him.

"I can't believe in a deception"

"Hm"

Thena walks away from him and stands against another wall.

"I don't want to participate anymore" Kingo salys and everyone turns their heads to look at him.

"What do you mean?" Sersi asks him.

"Listen, I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I don't wanna die, I really don't, I have left a career and some fans behind, I can't let them down" Kingo says.