Chapter 8

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬, 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬

Pain and Grief surrounded the atmosphere.

Wong was grieving for his loss. Even though Mordo turned against them, he was still considered a friend.

Mordo never wanted to kill them. He was only trying to unleash the greatest power that ever existed, so she can destroy the multiverse.

Heavy rain falls on Wong's face and Mordo's grave. He stands in front of the grave with his hands crossed.

"Farewell, old friend"

He says goodbye one last time and enters the Sanctum. He hears the screams of Wanda and Strange who argue with each other.

"This is all your fault!" Strange yells at Wanda.

"My fault?"

"I brought you here to have her under your protection!"

"My protection? You never asked me to do that! And what is she? A child? I couldn't be her guardian" Wanda's voice getting angrier and angrier.

"You were supposed to understand that! And you could do something to protect her from herself!" Strange claims.

"It is something I don't have the right to do! And I'm not the one who considered her the enemy!" Wanda says, giving Strange to understand that he is the one acting different around Nemesis.

"You think I'm responsible for that"

"I do. You treated her like she's weak, you hid her the truth about herself and you always tried to find a way to take her out of this, so you can "handle" it, with your way and be the hero...who saves the people who are doomed to die by the villain. In your case...that's Nemesis" Wanda tells him.

"I tried to help her!"

"At least admit that you tried the wrong way!"

"I'm supposed to take the blame again?" Strange asks her.

"You don't understand, Stephen. You've been perfect for your whole life, while people like Nemesis and me have been through all the worst things in the world...yet here we are. But when the person we trust the most, lies to us....everything starts to fall apart. You were the person she trusted for this situation. She didn't do that with the ones she spend her whole life with, yet she trusted you, completely. You always had a plan, a solution, but now she feels betrayed!" Wanda says.