Chapter 24 ~ Nature of A Fae (M)

OOOOOPS! 🙈 I was deleting the censored versions that I had moved to the other work, and I accidentally deleted this chapter with all its beautiful comments and photos and the thousands reads & votes! 😭 Please help me out by voting again for this one. 🙏🏽

MATURE ✨ 
___________________

Rusco immediately bounded away to explore. Faeriel's mouth worked soundlessly for a moment, before she finally found her voice. "My—chambers? Th-they are so—" Faeriel began. She was accustomed to a dilapidated cottage, and felt certain she was not worthy of such a queenly room. She turned to face the prince.

Legolas regarded her with those bright, twinkling eyes, fair head tilted to the side, sending warm quivers tremoring through her

"Generous..." the young elleth blushed under his gaze, and tugged her side parted curls down over half her face.

Legolas smiled. "It is yours. For as long as you care to stay." His voice was soft, and his eyes even softer. "Baren bar lin. Le nathlam hí - It means, 'My home is your home. You are welcome here.'"

"Thank you..." Faeriel whispered. "How does one say, you are generous, thank you?"

"Le fael," he intoned, smiling.

"Le fael," she repeated.

"Also, ci fael. That is for those you are close with. So we would say this to each other." Legolas felt his heart flurry in excitement as Faeriel smiled warmly.

"Ci fael," she breathed.

Ai! Legolas thought. Her sweet face peered at him, all wide eyes, pink cheeks and parted lips. The face he almost thought he would lose twice in the past few turbulent days.

As he gazed upon her, a great trembling overtook the prince's chest, and a sudden surge of emotions quite overloaded his mind. In one graceful, fluid flow of motion, Legolas closed the door, planted himself in front of her, slipped his arms around her waist, and drew her swiftly against him. Burying his nose in her hair, he inhaled deeply her sugary vanilla scent. Breathless thrills thundered through him. Safe. She is safe.