13

Loraine

I woke up because of  the sunlight that touching my face. I groaned when a sudden pain struck in my head. I massage my temple just to ease the pain and decided to got up.

I scanned the place and the familiar surroundings welcomed me except to the one person who's sleeping soundly in my couch.

A smile formed in my lips when i recognize her... it's my baby.

I walked to her and bend my knee just to have a perfect distance to examine her facial features.

I stared at her lovingly. All the pain that i felt when i woke up suddenly vanished in just the sight of her. I lift my point finger and traced her eyes through her cute pointed nose down to her luscious lips. I gulped when I my gaze fixed on it.

I want to taste it again... Again and again.

" Stop it, Raine... She might melt. " A feminine  voice stop me and my dirty mind.

" You look like a creep, believe me. " I look at her, raising my right eyebrow as she put her hand bag at the single sofa.

"What are you doing here, Samantha?" I asked confused.

" You're so called 'baby'— " she started explaining while pointing the lady beside me who's still in her deep slumber. "–contacted me last- last night saying that you collapsed. That's why I'm here. Being your knight in shining armor but I'm not. I'm a princess kaya." She jokes that makes me roll my eyes.

" My parents? "

" I don't know maybe they are not aware about what happened to you. " She shrugs and pouted.

" So she didn't call them."

" I bet. What's your plan now? " She asked as she sit on the edge of my bed.

Napabuga ako ng hangin at muling tumingin sa dalagang nagpapabaliw sa akin. Maaaring sya ang gamot sa akin and in the same time she's the reason why I was like this.

" I don't know either. I want to send her back but I don't like the idea. It's making me sick just the thought of her being not by my side. It's making me crazy." I shook my head because of the thoughts that keeps on flooding in my mind.

What will happen to me if she asked me her freedom. Am I able to give it to her? I don't know— it's terrifies me, really. Kapag nangyare yun hindi na muli ako makakaahon, hindi ko na ulit maibabangon ang sarili ko from my own demons.

She's my last resort definitely.

" Hey! What are you thinking? " Nakakunot ang noong tanong ni Samantha na nagpabalik sa aking diwa.

Me and my overthinking self. It's so dangerous.

" It's nothing. I want to rest again if you don't mind? "

She nods her head as she understands my situation.

" Come let me help you. " She got up from the bed and approach me and help me to get on my feet.

I almost stumble but she reassured me by placing her hands in my waist.

" You okay? " She worriedly ask when I look up to her face.

" Yes. I just felt dizzy. " I blink several times to lessen the dizziness that i feel.

" Is there any problem? " A husky voice make me look at my back.

I let go the hands of Samantha thats holding me and walk to the side of the girl who's rubbing her eyes.

" Nothing baby... Did we disturb your sleep? "

She look at me confused and to Samantha.

" Can I talk to her, privately? " The latter nodded her head and walk to the door not uttering a single word.

" What was that? "

It's my turn to be confused in their actions. Kelan pa sila naging kampante sa isa't isa. Sa pagkakaalam ko galit na galit itong Elle kay Samantha dahil sa pagdukot nito sa kanya na akin naman talagang kagagawan.

" How are you feeling? May masakit ba sayo? " hindi ko nasagot ang tanong niya dahil sa nakakabiglang mga kilos nya.

Tumayo ito at bahagyang inayos ang aking buhok. Tila ilang boltahe ng kuryente ang dumaloy sa aking katawan ng dumikit ang balat nito sa akin. I close my eyes to savour the moment and the incredible feeling that she gave me.

Nang muli akong nagmulat ay nakatitig lang ito sa akin at agad nag-iwas ng tingin. Namula pa bahagya ang kanyang pisngi na syang nagpangiti sa akin.

" Why did you sleep on the sofa? Doesn't your body hurt? " I examine her face and stared at her beautiful orbs.

" Ikaw dapat ang tinatanong ko niyan. Are you okay now? Wala kang malay nang halos dalawang araw. Hindi ka ba nagugutom?" She reached for my both hands that cupping her face.

There's something strange. Dapat galit sya sa akin or what— but her actions tells the otherwise. Am I still dreaming?

" I'm asking you? Aren't you hungry? "

Instead of answering her i asked confused. " Are you for real? "

" What? "

" You're not mad at me. The last time that we talked you loathe me, right? I- ahmm I'm dreaming or something?. "

She nodded and avoided my gaze.

" You're not dreaming. And for the last time— I'll ask for your forgiveness. Being rude to you is not a way to make things clear for the both of us. "

I bit my lips to suppress the smile that forming on it. " Okay! You're forgiven. " I squeal and hug her very tight.

" I'm sorry baby... Did I make you worry? "

She nods and tighten the hug the we shared.

" You should eat now. " Kumalas sya sa pagkakayakap at hinawakan ang pareho kong pisngi. " Come. I'll prepare your food."

She bend over to kiss my forehead that makes my heart beat faster.

She's my everything.