17.0 feline

(◞‸◟)

(◞‸◟)

jisung has always been a pretty observant person. that's why he noticed minhos behaviour earlier than everyone else in the group.

he pretty quickly understood though, that by the time he noticed, minho was already far too deep in. he was already a little too late.

the first time he ever noticed something being off was when minho came home from dance practice, hours after the band had already finished. jisung had heard the sound of the door opening, grabbed a cookie and waited by the door until minho entered.

"what took you so long?", he asked as soon as minho turned around and saw how minho froze in his steps as soon as he heard his voice. minhos face was red, droplets of sweat were dried on his forehead and his clothes were sweat-stained. it was usually hyunjin who sweat so much while dancing and minho usually never stayed this long in the practice room because he always got the choreography the fastest. that was the first time something felt weird.

minho seemed to think for a second before leaning down to strip off his shoes. "oh, I just forgot the time", he said incidentally, "I only noticed when my phone battery died".

jisung squinted his eyes. ever since that weight in, minho seemed to be hiding something, though jisung couldn't quite figure out what back then.

it wasn't just how minho refused to eat anything but plain rice and vegetables or how he stayed in practice longer than usual, jisung started to see him change, and it wasn't his body at first.

it started with his eyes. usually, in jisungs eyes, minhos eyes held all his emotions, all his thoughts and feelings. he wasn't very expressive, minhos feline features hid everything he thought most of the time, simply because minho wasn't all too familiar with showing how he felt like.

but if you wanted to know exactly what minho was feeling, one look into his eyes and you knew.

it wasn't so obvious at first. jisung thought minho just hid it a bit better that day, when the first few sparkles went out in his eyes. it started to get a little harder to read him.

whenever he laughed, his eyes were the first thing to shine.

"what's wrong?", oh, he was staring. jisung quickly shook his head to get his thoughts aligned.

"nothing", he smiled, "we all already ate dinner and saved chicken with rice for you. I can make you a plate, if you want".

as if jisung had said something alarming, minho quickly shook his head. and again, weird. jisung used to fill plates for minho all the time.