Life

I whimper against Belial's chest as he carries me, walking quickly into his council room.

I see three men standing around a table.

"Christ, what's happened?"one asks.

He carefully sits me down on the table and cups my cheeks.

"WHO DID IT?!"Belial shouts at his council.

"Which one of you prayed to Hades?!"he says.

None of them respond.

....

"Look at my bride. LOOK AT HER!"he shouts, pointing to Alice, who was shivering in the table covered in bruises.

"M-master, she's not well, she needs to back to the hu-"Belial cuts off Asmodeus by striking him in the face with such force he falls from his chair.

"SHE'S NOT GOING BACK UP THERE!"He shouts.

Ace flinches with each pace Belial took in front of him.

"It's dangerous."Belial huffs, walking over to Alice and cradling her in his arms.

"Master, she won't heal down here."Ace says.

Belial slowly looks up at ace.

"Who asked you to speak?"

"Master, if it was really Hades who attacked her, breathing your life spark into her will only do that, give her life. It's not going to heal her injuries."Ace says.

Belial looks down at the paid ridden face of Alice, who was sweating from her pain.

Then he looks back to Ace.

"You take her there. I'm weaker now, but I'll return to get her after 3 days."Belial says softly, looking at Alice.

"Yes master."Ace says.

Belial stands and walks over to Ace.

"I am trusting you with my future, Ace. If you do well, I'll take 1000 years off your sentence."Belial says.

Ace nods stiffly.

"But, if you fail me, Ace. I'm going to put you into my fires, and at 20,000 years to your sentence."He says, poking aces chest with his claw.

"I understand master."Ace says.

Belial walks over to the table and carefully picks up Alice. He then walks over and transfers her into ace's arms gently.

"Go now."he says.

Ace nods, leaving the room and huffing.

"Are you sure you can trust him, Belial."Abadon asks.

Belial huffs.

"Yes."

.....

Alice opens her eyes slowly, recognizing the scent of her room. She opens her eyes and wheezes as she feels a cold press on her neck.

She looks to her right, seeing ace holding an ice pack to her bruised neck.

She takes in a shakey breath before she speaks.

"D-did it work?"she asks quietly.

Ace slowly nods as he ices her bruised throat.

She tries to sit up and wheezes as Ace gently pushes her back down.

"Don't move your neck."Ace says.

She looks around her room, seeing how dull and dusty it looked.

She makes eye contact with Ace.

"How long have I been down there?"I ask.

"8 days."he says.

"Where's my dad. Where's my brother."she asks.

He huffs.

.....

Alice's door opens, Ace carries her bridal style out of the room. She walks down the hall to Christian's room.

She sees him attached to a ventilator, in a hospital bed.

"What happened to him?"Alice whimpers.

"....Belial."Ace says.

He then takes her to the other side of the hall to her parents room. The door opens and she sees her step-mother sitting in the foot of the bed.

Frozen in place.

"Is she alright?"Alice asks.

"Yes. Just frozen."Ace says.

She groans as her hands come to her small pregnant belly.

"Hungry."she says.

Ace then turns her towards the stairs and they begin to descend them.