chapter 75: flesh

"you ready?" Luciano's arm wraps around my whole body, holding me close to him, restraining me disguised as affection as the bonocchis leave the house.

cassies hand holds her face as i nod at everyone leaving the house. "if i wasn't so hurt, i'd rip this dress off the second we got upstairs" i smile as his lips brush against my ear.

the doctors told luciano that he's going to be hurt for awhile so we can't exactly have several rounds of rough sex.

the last family leaves and we shut the door as the maids begin to clean the house. i take a deep breath and move out of luciano's arms taking his hand as he follows me towards the dining room and into the hall that leads to the basement.

celia and dad go separate ways as he follows luciano and i downstairs. the cool air hits my skin and i shut everything out as my hand touches the cold door handle.

roses new set up is similar to the way they would murder witches at the steak in all of the fiction books i've read. "rosie" i smile letting go of luciano's hand.

there's a bottle of red wine and seven wine glasses placed on a small table in front of me and a small trash can next to it that matches the metallic shine of the small wine table.

"isn't this just great" her voice is weak "now you'll finally get to see cece again" i smile and i can tell that tears have filled her eyes.

i hear the bottle of wine open and start to be poured in the glasses behind me as i stare up at rose and all the wood surrounding her. "your going to burn me alive aren't you" i smile "ding ding ding! fifty points for rose rivera" i gently clap as i feel hazel at my side.

"you know, you did this to yourself" hazel stands tall "and i know i'm not supposed to say this but thank you for not being a homophobic cunt like my mother" she folds her arms.

i can't even be mad at hazel, letting her live with us in our small new york apartment was a small decision that really helped hazel grow as a person. the first night hazel came to stay rose gave her this huge speech.

"don't cry hazel" rose crouches infront of her "you deserve to love whoever you want and not fear that love in your heart" rose holds her hands "you are safe here hazel, at this point you are my second daughter"

dad takes a seat and a wine glass gets put in my hands by stefano. "i just want to know why you didn't say goodbye. why couldn't my mother say goodbye to me before she left" stefano takes a deep breath in.

"because, it stopped me from my plan. saying goodbye to you was too much" stefano scoffs. "anyone else have anything to say. vinchenzo turns on a blow torch "i do" lucaino steps forward and walks past all of us getting in roses face.

he moves to her ear whispering something that only she can here. her face is spread with fear and anger as he steps away "now she can die, unless dominico has something to say" dad takes a deep breath as the blowtorch becomes lit once more.

his hand is help up staying near his shoulder, the sign to hold off but stay ready. "I really did love you rose, you truly were everything to me." his wrist flicks go.

vinchenzo leans down lighting the peices of wood at the bottom and stepping back as the paper drenched in gasoline sets up into flames forming into contact with roses skin which we also had drenched in gasoline.

we all step back and i turn to the group with my glass held high "to the end of rose rivera, and the start of our new unstoppable,cruel reign" our glasses clink togther and we all take a sip of the silky red liquid as rose begins to scream.

i've waited for this moment for years, the moment rose rivera was screaming in pain for something i did. the karma she so deserves coming to bite her in the ass.

her screams get louder as more of her body lights up in flames. even if we wanted to save her, now her body is 60% burned.

I take another sip of wine as the heat from the fire warms up the room. Dad takes a deep breath and I look down at him, taking his hand and squeezing a little. Luciano takes a last sip of wine before setting his full glass down.

Antonio finishes the rest of his glass before nodding at all of us and leaving, dad stands up with my help and leaves with stefano shortly after, roses screams haven't stopped quite yet and i want to be with her during every last breath.

hazel rubs my arm "vinchenzo and i will be in the living room when you're done" she kisses my cheek and takes vinchenzo hand walking out.

lucaino evently leaves a kiss on my shoulder "i'll be upstairs" i nod taking a larger chug as roses cries for help refuse to die down. don't worry rosie, it will all be over soon. i take another large chug leaving only a little left in my glass.

the screams of roses fill my ears the same way music at a rave does, they start to get weaker and i know her death will be within minutes. i sit in the chair with my legs crossed as i wait for the screaming to stop.

and it does, after the long minutes of the painful blood curdling screams it's quite. i laugh a bit i am roses rivera's fate. i smile knowing this statement is now a reality.

"well, have a great time in limbo,mom" i laugh a bit drinking the last of my wine and standing up to set my glass down on the table.

she's dead. i set the glass down and the sent fills nostrils.

burt flesh, my mothers burnt flesh. holy shit i just killed my mother.

the repulsive smell makes my stomach turn she's dead, nicoletta why would you do this you have nothing to be mad at now, she's dead infront of you.

you're a monster, you are the monster she created. it takes a monster to kill a monster nicoletta you are a monster.

my mouth fills with saliva and my body fills with nausea as the smell becomes stronger.

rushing her to the small, most definitely expensive, trash can all the food i had consumed the last few hours leaves my body in seconds. i cough a bit you fucking killed your mother you freak, you're worse than her.

tears fill my eyes as reality sets in quicker tha i wanted it to.

she's gone, fuck

i start to cry and my stomach turns once more leading me back over the trash can with tears falling  down my cheeks this time. nicoletta stop fucking crying and suck it up.

i take a deep breath trying to collect myself but the tears and stress and anger and sadness and confusion are too overpowering.

i bring my knees to my chest as I beg to sob you're so fucking pathetic and you always have been.