chapter 59: Mattise

"Where are your headquarters in New York?" matisse screams as Luciano slices down his arms with two different knives. "St Patrick's Cathedral!" he screams again pushing against his chains.

Luciano walks over and puts the knives down on the table. "What did you just say?" Hazel stands up and Matisse tries to calm himself down "how did they take over St Patrick's?" he hums through the pain.

"mass still happens but other than that the church is where we always are" i nod "my mother's not christian shes hellenic, so why a church?" i stand up and walk next to hazel

"I don't know, I joined the mafia 6 months ago and was sent here three months in." i nod that's why he talks so much he's a barely a newbie

"Why did you join the French mafia?" I hear Stefano speak from behind me "my twin brother owed a lot of money. He didn't have it so it was the price I never wanted in this life" damn that's embarrassing.

"That answers all of our questions" dad speaks from behind me "i have one more question" i step forward closer to him "why is my mother sending people even before she knew we were looking for her?" I tilt my head.

"she wants you to join her mafia, she needs a powerful heir, it's the only reason you were born" i pause "what?" i don't even believe him but matisse gets quite. why does that sting so much. my stomach hurts and my throat feels tight at the new information.

"okay that answers all of our questions" i don't want to know anymore. we have what we need i just have to suck it up. "i'm free to go" hope fills his eyes "no" i hear a gun click and fear fills his face "but you said" i laugh a bit "i lied idiot"

dad walks forward and presses the gun barrel to his head "i hate rats" Matisse looks up "please" dad presses the trigger and Matisse falls limp and dad pulls away

"Okay i'm going to finish my meeting, you all can take the rest of the day off" dad rubs his temples and walks out of the room. I turn my head to hazel and take her hand walking upstairs.

"I really need a drink" I sigh and she laughs. "I think we all need one." I hear Stefano speak from behind me. "I'll make them" hazel skips two steps and makes it to the top of the stairs into the hallway.

Hazel skips over to the bar and slides into the bar grabbing the vodka "what should I make?" she taps the vodka "make a cosmopolitan" stefano sits to my left and luciano sits to my right.

Hazel grabs the limes,simple syrup, and the cranberry juice from the small fridge underneath the bar "wheres alice?" i lean on stefano and he hum "she's at the bank today and the she's working tonight" i nod

vinchenzo walks around and wraps his arms around hazel causing her to laugh "i'm bartending" she shakes the ingredients in the shaker and vin squeezes her sides.

"How does that work? Her being a stripper and you guys dating?" Vin keeps his arms around Hazel as he looks up at stefano.

"Well I don't mind her dancing for men because I know that she loves me" he smiles like an idiot. "I'm just happy this whore house settled down" Antonio leans over to look at stefano.

i laugh at his fed up face "cheer up, you're in a real relationship now" i pull his lips into a smile and he swats my hand away and shoves me back causing me to laugh.

the stool wobbles and i fall back into luciano who catches me and sits up straight . i turn around and nod my head at him before switching my attention back to everyone.

"how are we going to get layouts for the church, that's not public knowledge" luciano sighs and hazel perks up "no need for that, it's where i went to church as a kid, i know that place like the back of my hand"