chapter 44: grip

luciano's pov:

Who's calling me? taking my phone out of my pocket i see it's mammá. oh i pick up the phone

"hi mammá"

she's breathing heavily through the phone.

"there's people in the house. I don't know how they are, please just get here quickly."

oh shit i jolt out of my seat.

"we're coming now I love you"

some rustling is heard "I love you" she hangs up

"guys it my mom she's in trouble,i'm sending you all a location let's go" everyone looks confused but gets up. "Luciano isn't your father home?" Dominico walks with me to the weapon room.

"no it's not something i can explain right now, we have to move fast if we want to get to crema in time" he looks confused "ask your questions later" Dominico nods. We walk into the weapon room and I grab as many guns as I can , shoving them in the duffel bag placed on the floor.

"someone's in the house and my mothers in danger" he nods "do we know how many?" he starts to place ammunition into another bag "no,it's definitely more than one she said there's are multiple" i zip the bag up and so does dominico.

As we walk back down stairs, Dominico taps on his phone. We make it downstairs and everyone is ready to go. niki looks at me worried as she opens the door and heads outside. she grabs my hand and starts to walk toward the car "what's wrong?" I open the trunk and throw the duffle bag inside.

"I'll explain in the car'' I shut the trunk and see that everyone else is moving as fast as I am. I open the door and so does niki. "send the address" she nods and pulls out her phone unlocking it.

i start the car and she puts her phone down "done" i nod "what's going on?'' She tilts her head. Looking around, Dominico gives me a thumbs up and I press on the gas.

"There's people who broke into my mothers crema house and she's scared" nikis eyes widen "oh shit" i speed out of the driveway and see everyone's cars following behind me.

"who could it be?'' I take a turn into rural roads that will take us there faster instead of going through town. my heart races. She's going to be okay mammá can defend herself. "I'm not sure, maybe my father figured it out?"

I check every so often to see if everyone is still following and they are. The usual 45 minute dive to the crema house took about 25 minutes as we pull into the driveway.

I get out of the car without turning it off and so does niki i open the trunk and almost rip open the duffle bag. i hand everyone a gun and Hazel looks a bit lost as i give her one "i don't know how to use this" she looks around.

fuck "okay take this" i pull the switch blade from my pocket and she looks more calm. "I don't know if they are still inside, we'll have to be quiet as we go in'' I look around and my heart starts to race.

everyone heads towards the front door and it's already open shit looking behind the door and to my left no one is there. "spread out" dominicos voice is a whisper and i go to the left.

The house isn't very big so it won't take much time to look through where are you mammá? I head upstairs and walk into her room. it's trashed.

her clothes are thrown everywhere,pictures are taken off the walls,her beds a mess. what the fuck "guys!" Hazel shrieks from downstairs and I run towards her voice

I turn left into the kitchen and she stays frozen in the doorway leading to the backyard. Why is this open. i walk forward and my heart drops. "mammá!" she lays on the floor in a pool of her own blood.