Prologue

This Kamisato castle gave you an eerie and mysterious vibe when you first came here. It was located at the top of the mountain where you can see the whole of Inazuma city when you stood in front of the castle. At a young age, it was a bit tiring and exhausting to be a house servant. You were supposed to be learning and having fun in school with your classmates but you have to sacrifice your time and strength for your family since you're the older sibling.

There was once a rumor that the Kamisato clan is the wealthiest and most powerful clan out of all the clans in Inazuma so a terrible massacre happened a few years ago. The only Kamisato members left are the two siblings which are Ayato and his younger sister, Ayaka. Everything had changed because of one event. Ayato was once a diligent and hardworking noble young man but his attitude suddenly changed when he learned about what happened to his parents.

"Good morning, young master. Breakfast is ready," you announced as you knocked two times on his tall door, engraved with fancy and elegant designs. No one answered so you decided to open the door since you know that he's always not in a mood to get up. "If you will please excuse me..." As you entered his wide room, you saw him lying on the bed, as usual, covering himself with the white sheets.

"Get out of my room," he mumbled, yet you still heard him. It was devastating to see a young lad suffering because of the pressure he got as the older sibling. He was too young to be called a master. This young man is two years younger than you but it seems like you think and act more mature than him already. When he moved the sheets down slightly, he saw you cleaning his dusty room and opening the tall curtains which made his eyes squint because of the sudden light. "I told you to leave didn't I?! I'm not in a mood to eat!"

When his voice raised, you looked back at him and gave him a glare. "You're always not in a mood to eat, young master. Do I have to feed you again?" you asked as calmly as possible.

"Stop acting like you're not scared of me. You're just a woman," the young man responded.

"Just a woman?! With that attitude of yours, no one will respect you if you can't respect them. Do not use your position to justify your privilege and don't expect them to give you respect if that's the attitude you've shown to them," you gave him a lecture and went closer to him to shove the sheets away. "How dare you look down on women? Have you ever wondered what your sister's or mother's reaction would be when they found out that you belittle women?!"

Ayato stood up angrily and he threw the pillow to you but you luckily caught it. "If you're just here to blabber nonsense, then you may take your leave, woman." He pointed at the door while looking up at you firmly. When Ayato got up, you got a closer look at him. His weight was concerning and it seems like his height is not improving. You're not sure if the reason why he's not getting taller is that he hasn't reached puberty yet or he's just malnutrition.

"Look, I know you're exhausted because of what happened to your parents but you also have responsibilities," you said as you held both of his shoulders and bent down slightly to equalize your height with him since you're taller than him. "I'm not invalidating your feelings. I also know what it feels like to be the older sibling."

"I don't think you understand me-"

He was cut off when you gave him a warm embrace tightly. At first, he was dazed as a lot of memories ran into his mind like a film. Ayato unconsciously hugged you back as he tiptoed to hug you more tightly. A smile drew on your face when he suddenly calmed down so you carried him and let him sit on his bed. After a few months, he became close to you since you're the only servant that he could talk to without awkwardness. He's quite an introvert himself.

"Bathe me," the young master ordered.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Bathe me," he repeated as he voluntarily went inside the bathroom but he looked back when he noticed that you weren't following him. "I can't scrub my back, can I?"