Destruction

Frozen with fear, Ladybug continued looking at Chat Noir as he looked past her. "Who is that?" he asked, his eyes widening.

She finally turned and saw the one person she never expected to see again.

Chat Blanc was walking towards her, his arms outstretched.

She turned back to Chat Noir, tears filling her eyes.

"M'lady?" he asked hesitantly, completely confused by what was going on.

"His bell," she choked out in a whisper. "The akuma's in his bell." Then she quickly turned and started moving towards Chat Blanc. "Chat," she said, plastering a fake smile on her face. "I'm right here. You found me."

He walked up and tilted his head at her. "Oh M'lady, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," she forced out.

"I thought I'd never find you, but all of that searching was worth it. Now I just need your earrings and everything will go back to the way it was."

Ladybug shook her head. "No, you don't need them. Look around us, everything is back to normal already. You don't need my earrings to make the wish anymore."

Tearing his eyes away from her, he glanced around to find a normal Paris. There was no water, no stonified bodies, nothing from the world destroyed by his cataclysm. Overwhelmed by relief, he looked back at Ladybug. But his gaze moved past her and landed on Chat Noir. Then he quickly pushed Ladybug behind him and held out his hand towards the black cat superhero. "What's going on?" he demanded, a white burst of energy forming between his fingers.

"No!" Ladybug shouted, moving in front of him. "It's just you," she pleaded. "Can't you see? It's you, it's just you."

After a second of staring Chat Blanc relaxed his hand, causing the energy to disappear. "Of course," he said. "I should have recognized such a good looking guy."

Ladybug forced a smile. "Yeah, it's just you. I'm safe, and Paris is safe now. We fixed everything."

Chat Blanc looked at her and put his hand up to her face. "I'm so relieved that you're okay, M'lady. I'm sorry that I hurt you."

"No," she whispered, shaking her head. "It wasn't your fault. None of this was your fault." She placed her hands on his chest.

With a big smile, he moved closer. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." Pressing up onto her toes, she leaned in toward him for a kiss.

He happily leaned toward her and closed his eyes.

But instead of connecting their lips together, she suddenly reached up and grabbed his bell. Pulling it off she quickly threw it over to Chat Noir.

Realizing that he was tricked, Chat Blanc pushed Ladybug away and extended his hand out. But he wasn't quick enough, because Chat Noir had already caught the bell in mid-air and yelled "Cataclysm!"

The bell immediately disintegrated, releasing the akuma from within. Purple bubbles engulfed Chat Blanc for a second before revealing a bell-less Chat Noir, who blinked at Ladybug in front of him.

For a moment nobody moved.

"M'lady?" he asked, confused. "Wha... what's going on?"

She finally let a tear escape as she moved up to him again. "You were akumatized, but you're okay now," she choked out. Grabbing her yo-yo, she swung it around and captured the butterfly that was attempting to fly away. The yo-yo snapped back to her hand. "Bye bye little butterfly," she whispered as the normal white butterfly fluttered away.