Chapter 6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up on the couch for some reason and when I reached for my phone I couldn't find it. I got up and walked into the kitchen to see Violet freshly out of the shower in her pink robe making breakfast.

Violet: Good morning

She said in a cheery tone with a bright smile on her face.

(Y/N): Morning. Do you know why I was sleeping on the couch?

Violet: All the stress of yesterday was just too much for you to handle so you ended up crashing there. You looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you.

(Y/N): Also have you seen my phone?

Violet: Yes, I plugged it in for you. It's right there.

She pointed to the nearby outlet.

Violet's mind: I also happened to delete that voicemail she left for you.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I didn't have any new text messages or voicemails.

Violet: Come on, put that down and let's have breakfast. I made eggs, bacon, waffles, a bowl of fruit, and orange juice.

I helped her bring everything over to the table and set it before sitting down.

(Y/N): You seem to be in a good mood.

Violet: I am. As hard as it is, you need to put all of the bad stuff behind us and start the day right. Now eat to your heart's content.

I started eating, but I couldn't get this Julie thing out of my head. I was thinking about calling her, but I should take a shower finish in case she wants to meet up and talk.

(Y/N): Thank you for this. I'm gonna go take a shower.

Once I was out of the shower I got dressed and went to call Julie, but she didn't answer.

(Y/N): Violet, I'm going out.

Violet: Where are you going?

(Y/N): Julie, didn't answer her phone, so I am going to talk to her in person.

Violet: It's still early so she might be asleep.

(Y/N): I don't care.

As I opened the door I saw a cop car pulling up in front of our house. When they got out of the car I saw it was Detective Decker. She held up her badge.

Detective Decker: (y/n) (l/n) do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

(Y/N): Ah sure. What is this about?

Detective Decker: Well ask the question. Where were you last night from 6 pm to this morning?

(Y/N): I was home. My parents' funeral was yesterday and I was entertaining guests until almost 7 pm then I crashed on the couch till I got up this morning.

Detective Decker: Did Julie Bell and her family attendant?

(Y/N): Did something happen to them?

Detective Decker: Just answer the question?

I was panicking worrying about what might have happened. I tried to calm myself down, but it wasn't working.

(Y/N): Yes they attended, but Mr. and Mrs. Bell left around 1 pm and Julie left around 4 pm.

Detective Decker: Was that the last time you spoke to any of them?

(Y/N): Yes, what happened to them.

Detective Decker: Just to clarify you last saw Julie at 4pm, had guests till 7pm, and then you fell asleep, and didn't wake up until this morning. Is that correct?

(Y/N): Yes.

Detective Decker: Is there anyone who can verify that you were home all night sleeping?

(Y/N): Just my sister.

Detective Decker: Your sister, how convenient. I will need the names and numbers of the people who attended yesterday.

Violet: Here are the names and numbers.

Said Violet as she came outside with that on a piece of paper.

Detective Decker: Fine. We'll be in touch.

(Y/N): What happened to the Bells?

Detective Decker: They were murdered?

She said she got in the car and drove off. I was standing there shocked I didn't know what to do.

(Y/N): This can't be happening. This can't be happening. Why? Why? Why? Why do I keep losing the people I love?

Tears were running down my face and I fell to my knees. Violet threw her arms around me.

Violet: (y/n) not here let's go back inside.

She pulled me back into the house and closed the door. We didn't even try to make it to the door. Instead I had my back to the door and curled up hugging my knees.

(Y/N): I...I...I don't know...why...is...happening?

Violet: Shush. Don't talk, just let it out.

(Y/N): But...I...

Violet: Hush.

She started humming a song while rocking us back and forth.

Violet's POV

I was holding my brother as he cried for that stupid waste of space, but the sooner he gets over her the better. I felt (y/n) pulled me closer and now he was holding me in front of him.

Violet: What are you doing?

(Y/N): I've lost people I love. I can't lose you because you're all I have left.

Yes it was all coming together finally.

Violet: Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere and I will never leave you behind.

Even though I am happy with the way things are going, the way that female detective was treating my brother really got on my nerves. I almost sounded like she thought (y/n) could have done it. I love him, but he could never harm another person like that. If that detective crosses the line again I think the department might just find her head on a stick.

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this chapter is so short. It's just because I didn't want to do another long chapter with (y/n) mourning when we just did that with his parent's. We are moving on to more fun parts of the story. I hope you enjoyed be sure to like and comment