Chapter 3

I was sitting in class this morning waiting for it to start, but Violet wasn't here. Earlier this morning at the house it was pretty tense. Mom said she would be coming around later to take Violet's stuff.

Julie: Hi, (y/n).

I was too busy thinking that I didn't see Julie walking and sitting down next to me. She had the most adorable smile on her face.

(Y/N): Hi, Julie

(Y/N): Hi, Julie.

Julie: Are you ok?

She said as she put her hand on my arm.

(Y/N): Yeah it's just been a little crazy at my house the past couple of days.
Julie: Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...

(Y/N): No you're okay. Thank you.

Julie: I see Violet isn't here today is she ok? I mean if you want to talk about it.

(Y/N): Yeah she is ok I guess. Part of the craziness is that my mom and sister are going to be staying with my sick aunt, so Violet has to change schools. She's not too happy about it. They are coming to get her stuff today.

Julie: Oh I see. How are you doing? Are you gonna miss her?

(Y/N): I'm ok. I mean I'm not happy about it and of course, I am gonna miss her. There is nothing I can do though.

Julie: That really sucks. Can I try to say something hopefully to make it better?

(Y/N): Go for it.

Julie: Well we have a date tonight and maybe we can do something fun to take your mind off it.

(Y/N): That's right, we have a date tonight. That totally slipped my mind. I'm sorry. What did you have in mind?

Julie: Don't worry about it. I know it's a little weird our moms are setting us up, but I don't mind because I had a crush on you for a while now. I was thinking about going to the fair down at the pier.

(Y/N): That sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait. Yeah, when my mom told me she set up a date for me I was a little nervous, but I felt better when she told me it was you.

Her cheeks went red and she was going to say something before our teacher walked in.

Ms. Lane: Shut up all of you. Take out your books and start taking notes on the chapter.

We could tell Ms. Lane was in a bad mood, so we all just put our heads down and did the work. I got a little thirsty, so I got up to go get some water. While I was in the hallway I saw my mom leaving the dean's office.

Mom: Hi sweetie.

She said as she waved to me. I went up to her and got a hug.

(Y/N): Are you here to get Violet's stuff?

Mom: Yes.

(Y/N): Well where's Violet?

Mom: She is at home packing. She still is very upset about the whole thing and it wasn't worth the headache of trying to get her here.