Chapter 2

I was sitting on the couch with Violet watching a movie. She didn't really talk much about her day, instead she just laid down and rested her head on my lap.

(Y/N): Are you sure you don't want to talk about your day?

Violet: I'm sure. I just wanna be here with you and watch the movie.

Later when we heard mom and dad open the door Violet nuzzled into me more. When they entered the living room and saw us they looked pissed.

Mom: (y/n) can you go get the groceries out of the car? I also want you to help with dinner tonight as well.

(Y/N): Sure.

I went to get up, but Violet wouldn't get off me.

Dad: Violet, get off your brother, so he can go help your mother.

Mom: We wouldn't want to have a problem right?

Violet: Fine.

Now she sounded pissed as she got off me and went upstairs. I went to the car to bring in the food and brought it to the kitchen. Dad had gone to his office and mom had already started on dinner.

(Y/N): What are we making for dinner?

Mom: One of your favorites, teriyaki bowls.

(Y/N): Nice.

Mom: So you and Violet were watching a movie.

(Y/N): Yeah, is that a problem?

Mom: No just making conversation with my favorite son. Can you also start preparing the vegetables?

(Y/N): Mom I am your only son so tell me what's up?

I said as I started cutting carrots.

Mom: Nothing.

(Y/N): Mom?

Mom: I am just a little worried about you. You spend a lot of time with your sister.

(Y/N): Are you worried that I don't have any friends other than Violet? Because you do remember Sal and Joe have been my friends since we were six.

Mom: No sweetie that's not it. Why would you watch a movie and cuddle with your sister when you could do it with I don't know a girlfriend.

(Y/N): Mom you are making it weird. I would date, but I guess I haven't found someone special.

Mom: I am sure you will find someone sooner rather than later. I mean who wouldn't want my handsome boy.

(Y/N): Mom!

Mom: Ok go get your dad and sister the food is almost ready.

I went to get them and soon after we were all sitting down at the table. No one really spoke and it was kinda uncomfortable. Dad soon cleared his throat, getting all of our attention.