"...I can't rest properly without peace and quiet."

Kirishima ran a hand through his hair, smiling sheepishly. "Ahh, Bakugou's right, huh?" He got up from the floor, patting Hitomi's head. "Sorry! We'll let you go back to sleep."

Hitomi hummed, peering over her blanket shyly as the group made their way to the door. Right as she was about to sigh in relief, she realized Bakugou was still standing over her.

Hitomi's face got even redder, if that was even possible, as she felt Bakugou's hand brush against her cheek, lingering there for a few seconds.

"...the fuck?" he muttered, before grabbing the moist rag that was resting on her forehead. He dipped it into the new bowl of water he'd brought, wringing it out. "How the hell did your temperature rise? It was fine earlier, the hell'd you do?!"

Hitomi didn't say anything, simply staring at him.

She couldn't think straight. She couldn't form words.

She was just a mess.

Bakugou glanced at her, waiting for an answer. Hitomi only stared at him speechlessly, her face still bright red, which made him roll his eyes.

"Whatever you did, don't do it again," he scoffed, placing the rag on her forehead. "Go to sleep."

Hitomi only blinked at him, pulling her blanket over her face and making Bakugou raise a brow.

"Mm," he heard her mumble beneath the blanket.

Bakugou stared at her for a few seconds before huffing, turning around to head out of the room.

The door clicked shut quietly, Hitomi able to sigh in relief that she was finally alone in her room. She pulled the blanket off her face, staring at the ceiling.

Hitomi liked Bakugou.

She wasn't sure how she was going to deal with this.

Especially after looking back at how she'd reacted to seeing him.

Hitomi felt her eyebrows furrow, the rag Bakugou had placed on her forehead shifting slightly. She closed her eyes, her grip tightening on the blanket.

But that's something I can figure out later.

Right now, I need to rest.

----------

Hitomi stayed in bed the next day, too tired to get up. She was feeling better, much better than yesterday, but this time she'd decided to listen to her friends' advice and rest instead of going to school and making it worse again.

Uraraka had offered to stay behind to take care of her earlier that morning, as Bakugou was finally off house arrest and that meant Hitomi would be alone. Hitomi had turned her down though, saying she was feeling well enough to take care of herself this time.

Hitomi stayed in bed until the afternoon, when her stomach grumbled and sent her the message she needed to eat already. Hitomi only sighed as the elevator took her down to the ground floor, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders as she made her way to the kitchen.

Hitomi sifted through the cupboards, pulling out a packet of instant ramen. It was ironic she could bake, but was completely incompetent at actual cooking. The most she could do without burning down a building was instant foods.

Hitomi sniffled as she poured water into a measuring cup, thinking back to yesterday.

I wish I could have had some more of Bakugou's soup...

She paused at the thought, her hand hovering over the door handle of the refrigerator.

Hitomi's face suddenly flushed as she recalled her realization, feeling her heartbeat speed up. She shook her head, trying to shoo the thought away as she pulled the fridge open. Right when she was reaching in to grab an egg for her ramen, the sight of a sticky note attached to a pot inside the fridge made her stop.

"Kanetsukabe's soup -

If anyone else touches this I'll know and I'LL KILL YOU"

Hitomi's eyes widened as she recognized Bakugou's chicken scratch handwriting, pulling open the other door so she could see it clearly

It was the soup Bakugou had made for her.

Just for her.

Hitomi slapped her cheeks with a hiss, feeling her skin was practically burning. She grabbed the pot, closing the fridge door and setting it down gently on the counter as she felt her eyebrows furrow.

God.

Bakugou wasn't even here right now and he was making her feel this way.

...Stupid.

Hitomi frowned, pouring herself a bowlful to heat up. As she listened to the hum of the microwave, she stared at the pot of soup Bakugou had made, her eyes narrowed in deep concentration.

She needed to figure out what she was going to do.

It was bad enough she could feel her heart fluttering in her chest at something as simple as Bakugou making soup for her. And then she couldn't even form words when he was taking care of her yesterday.

Hitomi sighed, covering her face with her hands.

"Why did I have to realize this yesterday...?"

----------

A/N: can you tell the influence romance anime has had on me 😭

Hitomi says (internally) the first "stupid" of her tsundere era 👉🏼😎👉🏼