Young Love

A month later, Saturday 27th April.
Brian's POV

Things have been going a little better, I'd say. I got a lovely therapist named Anita and she's really helped me in the 4 sessions we've had so far. I've yet to tell her about Roger and everything, but that comes this time. The 4 so far have been about Robert. Now, she wants to know about my relationships, whether it be friendships or others.

Speaking of Roger.. we're not back together yet. I really want to get back with him, but I'm not sure if he wants it. He seems to be..happier. I don't know how to describe it, except he just seems happier now that we're not together anymore. And he hasn't shown any interest in getting back together with me.

Sure, we're still best friends and everything, but he hardly looks at me any different to Freddie and Deaky. He used to look at me so differently, but not anymore. I dwell on this as I ride in the car towards my therapist's place. My mum pulled up and told me that she'd collect me in an hour. I nodded and walked inside, immediately being greeted by the sweet receptionist, Debbie.

"Hi Brian! Anita will be right out!" She told me, and I nodded and sat down, fiddling with my hands nervously. I was the only one waiting, and Debbie kept sending me smiles as I waited.

After a few minutes, Anita waved me in and I got up clumsily and hurried into her room.

"Woah, Brian! What's up?" She immediately sensed something was wrong and in truth, I wasn't sure what was wrong. All I knew was that I could feel a panic attack coming on. I hadn't had one in weeks.

"Anita!" I gasped as I started shaking and just collapsed onto the floor.

"Brian, listen to me! What is it?" She prompted, but I just shook my head and wrapped my arms around myself. She got on the floor with me and started rubbing my back.

"Ok Brian, we're going to do some exercises to help you get out of this." She explained to me as she rubbed my back. She got me to tell her 5 things I could see, 4 things I could feel, 3 things I could hear, 2 things I could think of and 1 person I could think of. It helped, and then she did some breathing exercises with me and I was out of the panic attack. It was the fastest I'd ever overcome one. I carried on sitting on the floor and reorganising my thoughts as Anita sat with me and gave me a quick hug.

"Good job Brian, you did amazing!" She praised me, and I smiled weakly at her.

"Now, would you like to talk about what caused that?" She asked gently, and I shrugged. She stood up and offered me a hand which I took gratefully. She sat down in her chair and I sat down on the bean bag, which was a guilty pleasure of mine. She grinned at me as I looked a little bashful at choosing the bean bag.

"I think it was Roger.." I told her and she nodded.

"Who's Roger?" She asked and I just scoffed a little at the question.

"Well- he's a lot of things. My best friend, my sort of boyfriend, my soulmate, et cetera." I explained, and her eyebrows raised.

"Woah, slow down. Sort of boyfriend?" She asked and I nodded slightly.

"Care to elaborate?" She asked, grabbing her notebook and sitting back as I proceeded to tell the whole tale of how I met Roger, right up to the present. She listened and didn't interrupt me once, which I was glad of. As soon as I was done she nodded at me as I released a breath and slumped back into the bean bag a little.

"Wow, that was quite the story. Are you absolutely sure he doesn't want to get back with you?" She queried, and I shrugged again.

"I don't know to be honest. It's just a hunch." I commented, and she sighed a little.