I'm Scared!..part 1

Roger's POV

I was ready to talk to Brian. I couldn't bear the tension any longer! Although we had a nice, but somewhat nostalgic, talk over text last night, I found myself missing him desperately. He was my best friend after all, let alone the fact that I was helplessly in love with him.

I was ready for school early, and was pacing around by the front door, trying to expell some of my nervous energy. Finally, the doorbell rung and I took a deep breath and checked my hair was looking ok, before opening the door with a slight smile. I wasn't surprised to be met with Deaky, but my heart sunk when I looked over his shoulder and didn't see Brian.

"Rog, don't worry. He's coming today, he just said that he woke up really late and wouldn't be ready on time. I don't think it was true, I mean come on, Bri is never late. But anyway, he's definitely coming today." Deaky reassured me and I nodded stiffly. I was relieved that he was coming, but I knew that he probably didn't walk with us because he didn't want to see me. He even made up an excuse for it. I sighed to myself and kicked a rock across the pavement, watching as it bounced away and hit someone's wall.

"Hey, Rog. I know you probably think he doesn't want to see you, and that's why he didn't come. I don't think he doesn't want to see you, I think he's just nervous." Deaky knew exactly what I was thinking, and his words did help me a little.

"Thanks Deaks..I hope you're right." I raised my head to look at him and he smiled soothingly at me, and we actually started talking about something instead of walking in silence like we had the day before. We reached Fred's house and he came bounding out with a huge smile.

"What's got you in such a happy mood?" I asked with a smirk and he punched my arm.

"I've written a new song.." he told us and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah?" Deaky chimed in and Freddie nodded eagerly.

"Yes! It's called Ogre Battle!" He revealed and I gasped at the title.

"Well..that's interesting!" I commented and he poked my side.

"Shut the fuck up Mr mOdErN tImEs RoCk AnD rOlL." He poked fun at my song and I shoved him lightly.

"Hey! At least I've written a song!" I argued and we all burst into laughter. We calmed down and Freddie gave me a suspicious look.

"You seem awfully happy considering your boyfriend isn't with us.." Freddie teased and I rolled my eyes.

"One, he's not my boyfriend-"

"You wish he was." Deaky cut in and giggled. I held a finger up and sighed.

"You're not wrong, but that's not the point. Two, I know he is coming today so that helps. Three, I have a lot of nervous energy so laughing helps with that.." I explained and Freddie crossed his arms and looked at me skeptically.

"Are you sure nothing happened between you two?" He pried and I sighed and rubbed my face, but kept on walking.

"I'm sure, Fred. We did chat over text last night as if nothing had happened, but that was by his specific request." I shrugged and Freddie finally dropped it as we got to school. We walked into tutor and Miami was sat at his desk and tapping a drumstick on it.

"Ah, Roger! You left a drumstick behind the other day, and I've just remembered. Here." He said as he waved the drumstick in my direction.

"Oh, thanks Miami! I thought I was missing one." I said and took it from him, walking over to my seat and stuffing it in my bag.

"Is the poodle coming in today?" Miami asked us and I nodded.

"Yes, he is, I believe." Freddie voiced, as Miami must've not seen me nod. Other students started filing in, and the bell went soon after. Most people were in, and the door opened again and my heart sped up when Brian's familiar head came through the door. I felt my palms get sweaty and wiped them on my trousers as my gaze stayed locked on Brian. He whispered something to Miami, who looked surprised but nodded. I was extremely disappointed when Brian didn't come and sit next to me, but sat in an empty seat on the other side of the class. I felt my shoulders sag and I slumped in my chair, feeling defeated. He clearly didn't want anything to do with me..