"Overjoyed"

Brian's POV

"Why did you kiss me?"

Oh shit.

"Uhhh- I-" I didn't know! I couldn't give him an answer if I didn't know, could I!? But I didn't want to say the wrong thing and hurt Roger in any way, because I really care about him! I bit my lip, looking at my lap. I couldn't bring myself to meet his piercing gaze. I heard him sigh out in frustration.

"Bri," he said softly and breathily. I hummed in response and he placed a soft hand on my chin. The touch sent shivers down my spine. He forced me to meet his eyes and I was annoyed and angry that I couldn't read his expression, and I couldn't decide how I felt.

"Please tell me, no matter what it is I won't be upset.." he tried to reassure me. I knew this. He could never be truly angry at me, but that wasn't the problem!

"Rog, that's not the problem.." I said quietly and I saw his expression morph into confusion. He kept opening and closing his mouth, showing that he didn't know what to say. He finally took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, before speaking.

"What is it then Bri?" He said, and sounded weak and heartbroken.

"I'm not really sure why I did it.." I muttered quietly and hid my face in my hands. I heard a small whine come from him. I took my hands away and saw that Roger was curled into a ball and silent tears were running down his cheeks. He looked absolutely heartbroken. I don't think he noticed that I'd heard his whine, and I don't think he knew that I was watching him. He was slowly rocking back and forth, trying not to make the bed squeak so he wouldn't distract me. I couldn't take him looking so upset, it pained me.

"Hey, hey, Rog. It's ok.." I said softly and his head snapped up and he looked terrifed. I held my arms out and he looked hesitant. He must have noticed my smile falter at this as he muttered something.

"What was that, Roggie?" I asked sweetly.

"I'm sorry.." he spoke louder and my heart ached at how small and heartbroken he sounded.

"Roggie, why? I kissed you for a reason that I haven't been able to figure out yet, and you're sorry? You didn't do anything.." I assured him and he shook his head.

"You don't love me.." he uttered and I gasped in shock. I shook my head rapidly but I don't think he saw.

"Of course I do Roger Meddows Taylor! You're my best friend and probably my favourite person on this earth, of course I fucking love you!" I stated clearly and moved forward to wrap my arms around his stomach. I pulled him into my lap and he curled into me like a child, and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I could hear him sniffling and I just held him tighter and nuzzled my face against his hair. He sighed audibly and I rubbed circles into his stomach to try and soothe him. It seemed to work as he relaxed in my arms.

"Let's go to sleep Roggie.." I cooed to him.

"Okay.." he said quietly and I picked him up and laid him out on my bed, before tucking him in. I went to set up the air mattress but he grabbed my arm.

"Bri, stay.." he whined.

"I am staying Rog, I'm just going to set up my bed." I said and grabbed his hand to rub his knuckles affectionately.

"No, Bri..stay with me in your bed.." he requested and my eyes widened. We'd slept in the same bed before, but not very recently. And only ever top to toe when we got older.

"Hmm, ok, if you want." I concurred and he hummed in appreciation. I went to grab my pillow to lay it by his feet but he stopped me again.

"Lay next to me properly." He said, almost begged. My eyebrows raised and I shrugged and fluffed my pillow before setting it down by his blond hair. I clambered carefully in next to him and he immediately latched onto my side.