19. the Black family

Hermione woke up by Lily Evans shaking her arm. 'It's time Hermione.' She says, very softly. Hermione opened her eyes. As soon as she opened her eyes she remembered. She, Hermione Granger, a muggleborn witch was about to go to the Black family, servants of Lord Voldemort and a reputation of torture and murder.

It wasn't looking very good for her...

Everyone else had al ready left the train cabin so she was all on her own together with Lily. 'Okay, see you-' Hermione stood up with the intention of walking out but Lily stopped her. 'You know what i'm going to tell you but... be careful. If anything happens i want you to write to me. Everything.' Lily's face had never been more serious.  'I will. Don't worry.'

They gave each other one last hug before leaving the train. 

Lily ran to her parents as soon as she saw them. Hermione noticed that her little sister, Petunia also was there. She didn't look like Lily at all. She had black hair and she looked rather sad to be here. She must be around 16. 

'Hermione...' 
Hermione turned around and saw Regulus Black standing there. His dark hair was half covering his eyes and his mouth had formed a thin line. It made Hermione shiver.

'I already knew this was going to be a bad idea...' He said, looking at her.

'Don't worry. I can deal with it.' Hermione said, smiling. Regulus laughed. 'I hope you can Granger.' 

Then they left the station. Hermione didn't know where they were going and suddenly she wished she was still at Hogwarts. As much as she wanted to save the marauders she knew that this could be dangerous. 

'Don't forget. You are from a wealthy pure blood family and just got here because your parents moved out. You went to Beauxbatons and now go to Hogwarts.' Regulus said, he sounded funny when he was so serious but Hermione knew that there was nothing funny about all of this. 

'Got it.' She said. 'One question, how are we going to get there?' 

'We apparate.' Regulus said, as it was the most normal thing in the world.

'Excuse me? I guess it's illegal to do that when you are under age? Also using magic outside school in whatever way is strictly forbidden-'

Regulus stopped her. 'You want to walk there?'

Hermione knew that she didn't really have a choice but go with Regulus. 'Uhm... one last thing... i can't really apparate...'

'You can't? Your parents didn't learn you how to do so?'

'i'm...'

'Oh yeah. Sorry i sometimes forget that you indeed are muggleborn...'

'You didn't call me a mudblood...' Hermione's whisper was more a thought then something she actually said. 

'What?' Regulus looked at her. 

'You didn't call me a mudblood...' Hermione said again.

'Why would i?' 

'I don't know...' Maybe this boy isn't as bad as Draco Malfoy. Not that Draco is that bad honestly... No, she must stay focused.

'Can we?' Regulus said, looking around them uncomfortable, afraid to be seen.

'Yes. I'm ready.' 

'Take my arm.' He said.

That's what she did. Her heart started beating faster as soon as she got closer to him. She gabbed his arm and felt the tension between the two of them. Hermione was sure that even he could hear her heart beating.