ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷8:

Start from the beginning

" t- that's impossible" the female ninja can only mutter as she gets up on her feet and say " Bring me to him "

WHISPERS AND AGONY filled the market where Yukata's body was laying, lifeless.

Hanabi gasped and covered her mouth using her hand as soon as she takes a glimpse of the lifeless body.

The body was bathing with blood, and bruises were apparent that she could barely recognize him. His face was puffing and swelling.

Hanabi's whole body trembled as she slowly steps closer. Her eyes were blurry. Her heart was beating so fast, her stomach was twisting, and feels like vomiting.

She slowly kneels and reaches for his hands. The people around her, just watching with pity.

" kami-sama! " she whispered-shouted.

Tears finally escape her eyes as her gaze never leaves the man's hands, his fingernails were removed.

Then her eyes caught something. Her trembling hands slowly touched his neck. Bruises and fingernails scratches were evident on it.

Looks like, the culprit tortured and made him suffer before strangling him to death.

" Whoever did this is a monster! "

Hanabi lifts her gaze upon hearing the grief of the people around her. They were furious at whoever did it to this poor guy.

She caught a glimpse of her father and Hayabusa talking about something, it looks serious.

She was about to stand up but a couple of hands held her shoulder and helped her stand instead.

" Hanabi, are you alright? "

She just nods to Kagura as a response. Her eyes and expression tell that she is genuinely worried.

The onmyouji master was about to speak but Hanabi immediately turn her back on her and headed in the direction of her father and Hayabusa.

" Are you certain? " she heard the Grandmaster mumble as soon as she gets closer.

" yes, sire " Hayabusa nodded apprehensively.

Hanabi clears her throat on purpose to get their attention. The men turned their gaze to her at the same time.

" love give us a minute, we're discussing something" her father muttered dismissively but Hanabi act like she heard nothing and stepped closer to them.

Her curious eyes never left the shadow ninja. She lift her chin to catch his gaze when she was already standing in front of him.

" tell me what you discussed"

" Hanabi, it's none of your business " her father says, keeping a low soft voice.

But the female ninja acts like she heard nothing again and keeps her gaze on Hayabusa. The shadow can only let out a deep sigh, realizing that Hanabi wouldn't stop. Glad he knows.

" I uhh... had a possible suspect in my mind that-- who is capable of doing this. "

" and who is it? "

He gulped before speaking " the Akuma ninja "

Hanabi felt her body stiffen after hearing about him for a long time. She somehow had forgotten about him and she didn't care at all.

" H- Hanzo? "
" yes, we also got a report from the near village that someone saw him strolling around like he's not a damn wanted ninja the night before Yukata was missing "

" that's impossible" she whispered.

" Are you certain? It was him? I mean perhaps it was just a mirage "
" I am sure of it Hanabi. A man also died the night they saw him and I believe that he did this too... " Hayabusa sneered as he massage his temple and says " he's a cruel being "