ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷6:

Start from the beginning

" But when they're about to call for you... you weren't there anymore and they got apprehensive cause they hadn't even seen you steps out of the training ground. Tomorrow came and your father was anxious about your whereabouts so they assumed that someone abducted you. " he resumed.

Hanabi gulped, sweats forming on her forehead feeling got interrogated for a moment. Hanabi hid her trembling hands on her back and force a smile toward Hayabusa.

" well, I- I decided to train all by myself, and I- I am also stressed at that time so I.. conclude to stay away for a while and get on my thoughts " Hanabi chuckles her eyes never leaving the shadow ninja stares.

Hanabi swallowed greedily as Hayabusa narrowed his eyes at her. Staring at her with suspicion. Hanabi scratches the back of her neck and lets out a deep sigh.

" Are you certain? " Hayabusa asked, his eyes looking at her like she was some kind of a suspect in a crime.

Hanabi nodded promptly as she forced a tight smile. Hayabusa narrowed his sights on her but instantly nodded. Somehow got convinced.

A relief sigh escapes Hanabi's lips seeing the faint smile drawn on his face. Hanabi's conscience was urging her to tell the truth to Hayabusa and she doesn't even get why she was covering the crime that Hanzo did to her. She's having this foreign feeling towards Hayabusa. She unknowingly doesn't trust him whenever he was mentioning a topic that involves Hanzo. It just.. doesn't feel right and her mind is a mess right now, speculating why she has this feeling to keep Hanzo away from him. Keeping Hanzo safe from him.

"let's go, I'll escort you home" he muttered as he turned his back on her. Hanabi fidgets, followed and stood up beside him. Their steps in unison, silently sauntering towards the village.

The loud beating of Hanabi's heart was making her hands tremble. Many thoughts poured into her mind while taking a glimpse at the man beside her. Many emotions messing up with her head. Assuming so many things as her hopes increased that it might still be possible for Hayabusa to notice her, not just as a rival, companion, or a friend but as a woman. A woman whom he'll cherish, adore and love.

A smile escapes her lips at the thought of her and Hayabusa being together. Hanabi lifts her gaze to glance at him but to her surprise, he was also looking at her. His eyes were so full of anonymous emotions.

" Hanabi " he says as the fast beating of Hanabi's heart increases hearing her name coming out of his bow lips.

Hanabi can only 'hmm' as her whole body feels like going to collapse any longer. " can I ask you a question? "

Hanabi just nodded, catching his gaze as their eyes met.

" This is a bit odd, hope you won't judge me " he speaks as he lifts his hand and scratches the back of his head, feeling so embarrassed at what he's about to say.

Hanabi chuckled at the sight. It's rare to witness the 'shy Hayabusa'.

" How... How can you know if... if you like someone?" he asked, his brows furrowing while waiting for her answer.

Hanabi's breath hitched as she halts. Her heart hammered out of her chest as her face flushed. Wondering why the shadow ninja asked about that all of a sudden. She sees him as a cold man who looks like don't have any idea about that thing.

Hanabi looks away and continues on her way, seeing the crease in the shadow ninja's forehead. Hayabusa followed, eager to hear the answer.

Hanabi clears her throat before speaking. " well... Everything feels more exciting. You start to like the things they like even if you used to hate them. You're thinking is focused on every little detail about them. Your thoughts return to them regularly and the fast beating of your heart whenever they're around. Also, you get jealous whenever someone else was having their attention. " she told.