ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷5:

Start from the beginning

A soft grunt escaped Hanabi's lips when Mina elbowed her. She glared at Mina for a second and eventually look back at the ground.

Mina leans into her ears and whispered something again.

" Ain't you going to confess? he's already in front of you Hanabi. I don't want you to regret it later and then cry for almost a week "

Hanabi heaves a deep sigh, feeling her chest getting heavier as it is hearing what just Mina said. She lifts her gaze towards Hayabusa and gradually landed on Kagura. She swallowed the lump in her throat before she looks away.

" Isn't it obvious who he wants " she mumbled, enough for Mina to hear. Mina let out a deep breath and tapped her shoulder. " confess what you felt towards him at least " she said in a soothing and soft voice, still tapping Hanabi's shoulder slightly.
" I kno---- "
" confess to whom? " Sana cut Hanabi's words off.

Hanabi stilled in her place as she slowly turned her gaze to Sana, her eyes widened as she stared at Sana who don't have any idea what she had done wrong to receive that kind of look towards Hanabi.

Everyone stops on their track and fixes their attention on them. Everyone heard it. Hanabi is certain about it.

" how long you've been eavesdropping there? " Hanabi utter and swallowed the lump in her throat.
Sana just shrugged her shoulder and say. " just now "

Hanabi forced a smile, somehow feeling relief.

" you two were so unfair! You keeping secrets from me " Sana pouted.
" no, of course! we were just talking about something" Mina responded, her eyes twitching gesturing for Sana to already stop asking questions.

Sana just pouted even more and cross her arms on her chest.

" then tell me who likes whom? " she backfired.
" that's not what we're talk--- " Mina's word got cut off when Yukata interrupts. " ow.. one of you likes someone here " he muttered teasingly,  his stares turned to Hanabi and Mina.

Mina lifted her brow towards him.

" that's disgusting!" she exclaimed. Yukata flinched at her sudden outburst. He shook his head slightly and snaps his teasing gaze to Hanabi.

" was it you Hanabi?"

Hanabi turned her gaze to him. Her mouth was slightly apart.

" h- huh? " was the only word she managed to respond.

Yukata strides towards her and put his arms on her shoulder.

" do you like someone here among us? " he asked.

Hanabi was too stunned to speak. Her hands were trembling because of his sudden question. She wasn't really expecting things to turn out like this. Her heart started to throb fast as if wanting to get out of her chest and her face started to heat up. Sweats started to form on her temple as she slowly turned her gaze to Hayabusa who was also staring at her.

She felt her tongue suddenly back away, can't find the right word to say as she melts with his stares.

The smile on Kagura's lips gradually fades away noticing the way Hanabi stared at Hayabusa. Her chest clenched cause she know exactly what those stares meant. After all, she was also staring at Hayabusa the same way.

Hanabi gulped before looking away and fixing her attention on Yukata as she let out an awkward chuckle.

" that's hilarious" she uttered while shaking her head slightly.
" Good to hear then! " Yukata exclaimed and ruffled Hanabi's hair.
" I'm courting Hanabi from now on!"