I froze like stone. How did he know that? "You stay out of my head, you absolute prick," I commanded in a voice that would make anyone think twice about what they just said or did. It was the first time I felt almost like myself and yet not.

"Likewise." He stepped away a little, "You think I enjoy being awoken every night by visions of you bursting through doors and not being able to breathe? You send everything right down that bond, and I don't appreciate having a front-row seat when I'm trying to sleep."

The thought struck a chord of fear in me—terrifying fear that he had seen my nightmares too.

"Fuck you." I cursed at him.

He chuckled, "As for what else I want from you..." He gestures to the house, "I'll tell you tomorrow at breakfast. For now, clean yourself up." His eyes caught on my neck where I'm sure bruises began to purple. That rage flickered in his eyes again and I pretended not to notice. "Take the stairs on the right, one level down. Your room is the first door."

"Not a cell?" I had been under the impression I was his prisoner. At least that's what he'd made it sound like Under the Mountain.

He turned towards me, his brows lifting, "You're not a prisoner, Danika. You made a bargain, and I am calling it in. You will be my guest here, with the privileges of a member of my household. None of my subjects are going to touch you, hurt you, or so much as think ill of you here." Relief swept through me.

"And where are the subjects you speak of?"

"Some dwell in the mountain beneath us." he cocked his head as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "They're forbidden to set foot in this residence. They know they'd be signing their death warrant." His eyes met mine, "Amarantha wasn't very creative," he said with quiet wrath, "My Court beneath this mountain has long been feared, and she chose to replicate it by violating Prythian's sacred Mountain. So, yes: there's a court beneath this mountain—the court Tamlin now expects me to be subjected to." I was sure he was gleeful about it. "I preside over it every now and then, but it mostly rules itself."

I narrowed my eyes, "And will you be taking me there?"

He shook his head before he rolled his shoulders, "No. This is my home, and the court beneath it is my...occupation, as you mortals call it. I do not like for the two to overlap very often."

There was a sudden weight on my chest as I said, "I am not mortal anymore."

"Were you not born as one?"

I just shook my head. Already beginning to get irritated with him. I knew at this rate I'd try to kill him by tomorrow.

"You are free to roam wherever you wish." He added as he waved a theatric hand in the air.

"Then I wish to roam anywhere but here."

Rhysand laughed, finally sauntering towards the door of the hall which ended in an archway leading to a spiral staircase. "I'm willing to accept your thanks at any time, you know," He called to me without looking back.

And that was it. I snapped.

He had taken me away, successfully turning my life to shambles. He had refused to take me back even after I begged him. Begged him for Cauldron's sake. Then he had the audacity to want me to Thank him? Like hell.

In the next second, I had pulled up my skirt, revealing the glass shoes that were uncomfortable as hell. They were most definitely to ensure I didn't try to run anywhere.

I got into a throwing stance before I hurled the shoe at his head. The glass slipper shattered as it made contact with his head. I hoped to the Mother it hurt.

Rhysand whirled around a hand raising to the back of his head, which by some miracle hadn't bled. His eyes were wide—feral.

Before he had time to blink the other shoe was in my hand. Rhysand looked at the shoe before he caught my eyes. His lips pulled back from his teeth in a snarl. "I dare yo—" but the shoe was already hurtling through the air.

His hand swept up, catching the heel only millimeters before the heel met his forehead. The glass crumbled into some kind of glittering black powder, creating a small pile on the white floors. A wind swept through the room, carrying the sparkling black powder into oblivion.

Rhysand surveyed me, and he looked...Pleased with what he saw? He chuckled, "There you are, my Sweet Nightmare." Before he continued walking down the hall as nothing happened.

I screamed like a little girl. He was so Cauldron damn frustrating. He got on my nerves like no other.

I debated running after him and tackling him to the floor, I would have done it had he not disappeared up the staircase and I didn't want to go up there.

I turned around, stomping through the hallway he'd said my room was along. I'd nearly reached it when a bright female voice sounded from where Rhysand had just come from, "So that went well."

Rhysand's answering snarl made me grin like a serpent.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: Finally Dani is becoming herself again. Had to use the iconic scene but Dani addition.

I must sleep now, my besties