fifteen - return

KL POV

I got ready for school, still thinking about what Chuu was rambling on about yesterday. There was some gaps in whatever she had told me but I had grasped the fact that everyone was drooling over Jinsoul and that made me very angry. No, I wasn't angry. I was uncomfortable, or atleast that's what I told myself.

I walked with Chuu as usual, still distracted. "I'm so happy you're back! You haven't missed school since Freshman year! It was so weird without you." She said as I looked back at her "Yeah, I don't know what happened." I replied quietly. "You usually come to school even when you have a fever." She paused "You even got me sick a couple of times" She added as she jokingly punched me. We got to our classroom and I heard everyone talking about Jinsoul. Was she really this popular, all of a sudden?

Yves walked into the classroom. A lot of the girls in our class started staring before they bombarded her with questions about Jinsoul. She looked sort of scared, Chuu called her over to where we were sat. "You good?" I asked as she sat with us and the girls calmed down. "Yeah, I guess." She said. "I didn't know she had racked up this much of a fanbase" She added. "She does look really good lately." Chuu chimed in. I glared at her and she lowered her head. Yves looked at me with a confused-surprised face. "She has been ditching me an awful lot recently... You must be special, eh?" She said as I completely froze in my seat. Lucky for me, our teacher walked in and I made my way over to my seat as Yves and Chuu chuckled together. Was I that easy to read?

Five minutes went by and Jinsoul entered the classroom. She apologised to our teacher, as always, and came to sit down next to me. I had to agree that she did look good when she wasn't all covered up but she looked even cuter with her hoodie on. She smiled at me, sat down and reached over to place her hand on my thigh, "You sure you're feeling better?" She asked. Suddenly, every ounce of anger flew away from me and I found myself falling deep into her eyes, once again.

I went the whole class staring at her and her occasionally catching me and chuckling to herself.

Two classes had passed and it was time for lunch. I had hyped myself up to confront Jinsoul about what exactly our situation was. I didn't know if we were exclusive, if my feelings were reciprocated or if she lying about truly being interested. However, I was not prepared to see her sat with Chuu and Yves at our lunch table. I walked in, luckily Jinsoul had her back facing me but unluckily, Yves caught me straight away. I tried to turn around and walk away when "Kim Li-ip! Where are you going?" Yves shouted, elongating each word. Both Chuu and Jinsoul were now smiling at me and ushering me to come over.

I sat down next to Jinsoul as Chuu and Yves were already beside eachother. Jinsoul's hand grazing my back as I took my seat. My heart fluttered. I told myself to get it together. I stayed quiet for a while until Yves asked me "So... Lip, are you seeing anyone?" Her eyes drifted to Jinsoul for a split second before returning to mine. I glared at Chuu and she shrugged her shoulders. I gathered my thoughts and replied "What's it to you?" in a jokey tone. She laughed and added "You're pretty cute, that's all." She sat back in her chair, not meeting Jinsoul's eyes at all. She must've known. I could feel the heat from Jinsoul's body as she glared straight at Yves.

Saved by the MJ.
My brother perched in the seat next to me and put his arm around me "Pretty cute, eh? Are you blind?" He said to Yves half-laughing half-talking. Yves looked a little shocked but didn't let it shake her. She looked at me and winked. He looked over to Jinsoul and waved his fingers between us both "I thought you two were..." He said, implying that me and Jinsoul had a thing. Yves chuckled "I was right." She said. His friends chimed in, confused. One of them picked up my bag that had evidently fallen off the chair beside me as my brother sat on it and fixed the dark blue hoodie that was hanging out of it. Yves looked at the hoodie and shot her eyes back at Jinsoul.

My brother and his friends drifted away eventually. "Damn... You must be special." Yves said.