𝟏𝟒 | 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

"Luci, are you sure?" Michael asked, holding the sharpened stake in his hand.

"Yes, Michael, we have to find out who is devil and this is the easiest way", I replied, taking the stake, "it's quite simple. I die, give me 5 minutes, bring me back. That'll be enough time, after all, time goes a lot slower in hell".

I inhaled, feeling the air run through my body for the last time. I didn't know how much trust I held to be brought back, and I didn't want to think of how much trust I had because most likely I was just going to scare myself.

I brought the stake up, placing it where my heart was. Shutting my eyes, I pushed it in as fast as I could, feeling it pierce through my skin and feeling the sensation of pain as it penetrated my heart. I quickly fell, landing in the arms of my brother as I shut my eyes. The last thing I remember seeing was the fireplace in the compound, then blackness filled the atmosphere.

Death was actually more peaceful than I first imagined it to be. The light background sound whooshing away as I drifted off. Finally, my eyes opened once again, except this time it wasn't to anything Earth - like.

Light ash began to rain from the sky, the air was dull and the colours were dark and gloomy. The breeze was much cooler and an eerie sound echoed.

This wasn't Earth. This was hell.

But I wasn't here to be sentimental on the past, I couldn't doze around while I had a mission. I needed to find the replacement for the devil.

My heels echoed loudly through the stone walls as I made my way down the narrow path. When I was devil roaming hell, I didn't feel nothing walking through here. But now, as I'm no longer the devil, I'd be lying if I didn't say I felt the fear.

After what felt like ages searching, I felt a strange, indescribable presence behind me. Daring to turn, I wasn't faced with anything and so I turned back around, but when I did I allowed an audible gasp to leave.

It was me. Stood right before me. Everything was perfect, the dark hair, the green eyes, even the nose. But it wasn't me.

I moved slightly, making the person before me do the same. Noticing this, I did another movement, which was copied exactly. I raised my hand, the person doing it at the exact same time, I moved my hand forward in order to touch the person, but when I did the thing dropped their hand, tilting their head and smiling.

"What are you?" I whispered to myself, taking a closer glance before realising.

With the ability to shapeshift, I often used to send my demons down to Earth to complete my tasks I assigned them. With their ability, they did everything sneakily.

The demon smiled at the question I asked, but it looked exactly like I was smiling. It was like I was stood in front of the mirror, everything was the same. Everything down to the colour of my shoes.

"Calm down, Apep, you don't want to scare her", a female voice chuckled lightly as footsteps approached. Instantly at the sound of the voice, I turned around.

Her hair was dark, like mine, and her eyes were also green. Her nose was identical to mine and her face structure was familiar.

"Who are you?" I asked once again.

"You don't know me... yet", she shrugged.

I felt almost mesmerised by her. She looked so similar but not exact.

"What's your name?" I asked, stepping forward to her, away from the copy of myself.

The narrow path made it difficult to see because of the shadows that hung around but it was easy to see her face and the expression she held on it. She was amused.