"Disappear..."

"And what makes you think I'd want to help you, Monroe?" The Alpha male growled at me from where he stood sipping his mug of hot coffee.

"Because we're pretty much in the same boat."

"And what boat is that, pray tell?"

"I want Allie, and you... you pine for Blackrock."

"You must have lost your mind with your scheming of how to get your boyfriend back."

"You don't fool me Valiant. I see you. The way your body instantly tenses when Blackrock is around you. The stares, and longing look in your eyes. The sigh that escapes you when he leaves, as if you had something important to say but chose to keep quiet. I know these feelings."

"You know nothing of what I feel!"

"On the contrary... I do. I have been in one relationship after another, blindly looking for something... someone... that I already had beside me. Allie. It was too late when I realized I loved my bestfriend. He already witnessed my many failed attempts at love... not knowing that he was the reason why none of my relationships worked."

"The mayor is a dear old friend. Nothing more."

"Keep telling yourself that. Keep fooling yourself, as your chance to be happy slips by. He's not married yet. They... they aren't married yet. Help me stop this marriage, and we all go home happy."

"Rex has already made a decision. Over me, he chose to give Lawrence a relationship. Over you, he chose to stay with the Blackrocks. His choice is clear."

"His choice is. But what of Blackrock's?"

"He's proposed already hasn't he. What more proof do you need?"

"Blackrock doesn't know how you feel! He deserves to know. Atleast before he walks down the aisle. So he can... both of you can... put all this behind you."

"Nothing good will come out of it. He's happy. They're happy. I don't want to cause any trouble."

"Coward."

"No. Just sensible."

"Then I guess we've both lost today. Atleast I know for certain I did everything I could to win Allie back. What about you? Can you truly live with yourself and the fact that you did not try to mend everything between you and the mayor?"

I saw his eyes dart everywhere instead of looking at me. This time, I was winning. The seed of doubt has already been planted. All I needed to do now... was wait.

Allie:

I came home to see Blake's pick-up truck parked next to Lawrence's car. Lilian wanted all four of us to have a simple family dinner together, before we started planning details of our upcoming wedding.

"Mr. Blackrock, goodevening sir." The valet opened the door for me as I approached the foyer.

"Goodevening Charles. Are they all at the dinning room?"

"Miss Lilian is, but Mr. Valiant and the Mayor stepped out to talk in private at the gardens."

"I see. I'll just be a minute. I need to freshen up before dinner. Please inform Lilian that I'm home and will join her shortly."

"As you wish sir."

I climbed the shiny wooden staircase to enter Louis' room to change, when a raised voice caught my attention. Not turning the light on I made my way slowly towards the open terrace to check what the commotion was all about.

"I tried to get through to you for an entire week!"

"You should've tried harder!"

"Atleast I tried to make ammends. What have you done?"

"You pushed me away first! You chose to stay in the closet to prove to your dad that you were the better son."

"I chose to take the burden away from Louis!"

"You chose to be a coward!"

"This arguement is futile. I'm tired of fighting Blakey."

There was a considerable pause, like both parties have suddenly come to an understanding of some sort.

"I haven't heard you call me that in a long time. I guess... I guess this time, we truly have put the past behind us. You... forgive me?"

"I started it. I'm sorry I dragged you and Louis into all this. You're right. I should have taken Louis' initiative, and came out that night as well. None of this..."

"I forgive you. And I... I still love you, Renz." I heard Blake nervously voice out his deepest emotion, before a soft sob escaped his lips, as he tried to stop his tears from falling.

They were more than friends... they were lovers! How could I have not noticed anything? I felt confused. Lost. Betrayed. They played me for a fool.

I ran, closing the terrace doors loudly, I ran down the winding staircase. Lilian saw me coming down in a rush. Worried she tried to ask me what the matter was, but I just breezed through her.

Moments later both Lawrence and Blake burst through the kitchen doors and started calling my name. I ran, I didn't know what to say, what to do... other than to run out of the house. Out of this mess. Out of their lives.

I quickly made my way out of the open gate, flailing my arms at the first fast approaching vehicle that made it's way towards me. Trying to get a ride... something that would take me away from all this.

"Stop! Please!" The bright lights blinded me, as the sound of screeching tires deafened me momentarily, before everything went black, everything became quiet.

A sharp pain, a thudding sound, a sudden push, and then everything just... disappeared.