"Claim..."

"Got everything you need?" I asked Rex as he hopped out of Lawrence's Lambo, smiling.

"Yupp. Ready to go hiking with you."

"Blake."

"Lawrence." I gave a curt nod as Lawrence made his way to Rex's side.

"Why don't you stash your knapsack in the pick-up first, Rex. I just need a moment with the mayor here."

"Alright. I'll see you at home tonight, Lawrence. Be good, okay?"

"Always." Lawrence gave him one of his sincerest smiles.

"What are you doing, Blake?" He asked me after Rex made his way to my pick-up truck.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I see through you. Why are you suddenly interested in Rex?"

"Sudden? I've taken an interest in him since the day I pulled him out of a burning haystack. What about you?"

"He's my brother's husband!"

"Dead brother's husband!" I felt the punch before I even saw it coming.

"Louis may be dead to you, you asshole, but he will always be respected by Lilian and I."

"Like how you respected him after he came out to everyone as gay? You abandoned him!"

"Because I had no choice! One of us had to take the burden of keeping our father happy. I stepped up to that obligation so Louis could be set free to enjoy his life."

"So you sacrificed what we had for your ambition, and your so called obligations."

"It was a sacrifice somebody had to make. It was either Louis or me. And because I knew he hated politics... I gladly took up the responsibility. He was my twin, and I loved him. I wanted nothing more than to see him happy."

"He found Rex. He found his happiness." I turned to watch Rex inspect the wicker basket I brought for our picnic.

"Which is why you need to stay away from Rex! I will not allow you to sully my brother's memory by treating his husband as one of your meaningless conquests."

"And what makes you think I intend to play around this time?"

"It's in your nature! You're unable to fight for something you feel is worth your love and attention."

"Are you basing it from experience?"

"What we had is long dead and gone. I spent an entire month trying to reach out to you. You never gave me the chance to explain. Never a chance to... to try and save what we had."

"You made a choice to hide in the closet Lawrence. You were a coward! What did you expect me to do? After you turned your back on us to try and prove to your dad that you were the best son he could ever hope for."

"I expected you to show me the way." He had such a sad look, that I had to look away.

"We were young. We were unprepared."

"Yes. Which is why I intend to take my brother's place in Rex's life. He will not fall victim to your unreliable emotions."

"It is you who should stay away from Rex. You can't even offer him the stability he deserves. You can't even come out and show everyone what you truly are. You'll only suffocate Rex in that closet you hide in."

"Maybe I just needed someone to show me the way out of my hiding place. We both know that's not you."

"Maybe I've changed. Maybe I'm exactly what Rex needs."

"Or maybe you're just delusional."

"What's taking so long?" We both turned to look at Rex who had his hand up, trying to shade his eyes from the glaring sun.

"Just saying goodbye... to an old friend." I answered back.

"Well hurry up you two. I haven't got all day."

"It would seem I am wanted... by someone I want as well. Goodbye, Lawrence." And I took the first steps toward the person I knew I was falling in love with.