"Awaken..."

The room was bathed in light. Everything was painted in a subtle yelow orange hue. I felt his right arm trapped under my head like a pillow, warm, strong... heavenly.

I stirred slowly, yawning as I stretched lazily like a graceful cat, hearing my bones give a gentle pop.

"Goodmorning." His low, drawling masculine voice said behind me. I turned to face his smiling face, his hair sticking out in all directions.

"Goodmorning." I smiled back.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby. Thank you for staying the night with me. It was the first comfortable sleep I've had since the accident."

"Then I'm glad." He yawned.

"Do you have a busy day planned today?" I watched him scratch his left eye, mesmerized by how childlike he looked.

"I already missed two early meetings. One with my campaign manager, and the other with my accountant."

"Then why didn't you wake me up? Or you could've just left, you know."

"I didn't want to disturb your sleep. I was afraid that if I took my arm back you'd wake up. So I just laid here, listening to you talk in your sleep." He chuckled.

"I talked? In my sleep?" I was suddenly in a sittimg position, the blanket falling to reveal my early morning problem. I hastily tried to cover myself with a pillow.

"Don't worry, you're not the only one." He chuckled, pulling the blanket over his lower half.

"What exactly did I say in my sleep." I asked, worried.

"Not much. Just how afraid you were of public transport. How you love writing. How you hate vegetables. And how handsome you thought I was."

"I said that? Oh my gosh, that's embarassing."

"Nah. I find it cute." He winked. "Anyways, I need to get going. You think you'll be okay now?" He started to get out of bed, my eyes focusing on his tight boxers with an impressive bulge.

"I'll try." I felt my throat go dry.

"By the way, I'm picking you and mother up before lunch. You have an appointment with the fireman who personally dug you out of the burning debris to save you. Remember?"

"That's today?"

"Yeah. Don't you feel like going? There's a press meeting before that as well. It's your first time out after the accident... not counting the visit to the family mausoleum that is."

"No, that's alright. I'll be ready by the time you come back to fetch me. Should I wear something casual, or business-like? You know, for the press."

"You'd look good in nothing but a necktie, but yeah, casual attire would do."

"So you've thought about me in just a necktie?" I drawled, giggling like a school girl when a blush quickly spread on his handsome face.

"It was a joke." He replied flustered.

"Yeah? Well jokes are half meant."

"Yeah? Well this one was a hundred percent meant... to lighten the mood. So don't let it get to your head."

"Fine. Whatever. You look good in nothing but boxers though. And that's no joke." I winked, feeling brave all of a sudden.

"Thanks. But I look better without it." He hooked his right thumb on the elastic garter to slide the fabric off a few inches, his perfectly formed V-line in display.

I looked at his teasing smile before a knock was heard on my door, and Lilian enteted unceremoniously.

The look that registered on her face after seeing Lawrence standing in nothing but his boxers while I gazed drooling at him from the bed told us how surprised and embarassed she was.

"I'm sorry. I should've asked permission to come in first." Lilian said as Lawrence jumped back under the covers.

"It's not what you think!"

"Oh really? So you read minds now Lawrence?" She quipped.

"We slept together." I tried to clarify.

"I can see that." Lilian had her hands on her hips.

"Not like that! I meant sleep... in an innocent way." I followed up.

"Sure you did, and I'm the Sandman, come to bring you your dream. You both best get outta bed. Lawrence, your office has been calling non-stop. And Rex you need to get ready for your visit with captain Blake Valiant down at the fire station."

"Sure thing. Thank you Lilian." I replied, not looking at her but at Lawrence who looked uneasy.

"Chop! Chop! Everyone. We've all got a busy day today." And she turned around to finally leave.

"Sorry about that." I apologized.

"Not your fault. I should've worn something more appropriate."

"I'm not complaining." I replied. Lawrence stood, and made his way to the door.

"Good. 'Cause neither am I." He paused to give me a warm smile. "Have a good day Rex. I'll see you later." He waved shyly before leaving the room.

"I can't wait." I sighed, and the silent room suddenly felt undeniably empty.