The Master Plan

Killua shook out his clammy hands as he stood infront of Nick's front porch. He was about to deliver the worst news he could possibly say. His stomach wrenched with complete guilt. He hated himself for being so easily tempted. He breathed out a shaky breath before knocking on the door. Catharine opens the door, smiling wildly at Killua. "Oh dear! Come in, come in! Nick is in his room." Killua smiled and relayed a thank you before sprinting up the stairs to Nick's room. He knocked once more, Nick opens the door beaming at Killua. "Why if it isn't the cutest boyfriend known to man kind." Killua gave Nick a very small fake smile as he brushed past him into his room. "Hey" he whispers once inside. But Nick already has worry lines on his forehead. "Hey babe, what's wrong?"

Killua sobs out and hugs Nick tightly. "I am the worst boyfriend ever." Killua whispers. Nick blinks and hugs him tightly quickly shushing him. "No you're not." He whispers softly. Killua shakes his head determined it seems. He removes himself from Nick's chest apologizing for his tear streaked shirt. "I- My ex- Gon, he-we-" Killua takes in a deep breath. "We kissed the other day in the janitors closet. I am so sorry! I was in such a daze, its like- it's like when I am around him my brain refuses to function and only thinks about him. It's like I am intoxicated and I wasn't thinking clearly, but as soon as my brain snapped into action I pushed him away I swear." Killua says in one breath finally looking up Nick expecting to see anger, betrayal. But he was shocked to see confusion, then realization, then hurt all morph into his face in a series of events.

Nick's mind was spinning, quite frankly he felt like an idiot. He practically told Gon to go for his boyfriend. The very same day he managed to get Killua alone and kiss him. Nick couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up within him. So he was too late. The way Killua speaks of him, almost sounds as if he is in love with Gon. Killua looked at Nick with confusion now as he laughed. He felt awkward and quite frankly he was pretty sure Nick was about to dump him and tell him to leave. When Nick's laughter died down, he had a new determination set in him. He did tell Gon he wouldn't give up Killua without a fight. And so he won't. "Killua I forgive you, it's okay really. I love you okay? So don't worry about it." Nick whispers as he cups Killua's cheeks. Killua is completely dazed as he blinks. Why hasn't Nick dumped him? And also why did his heart plummet at the thought of Nick staying with him? Why was he longing for this to end. Killua shook his head, removing those thoughts from his mind. "Okay." Killua whispers. Nick smiles and gives Killua a sweet kiss on his lips. Deep down Nick already knew he has already lost Killua.

Gon was making sure he maintained his grades and scholarship. As the year nears its end. He knows the plan he has set in motion to get Killua back is under way, but in order for this plan to work. He needs to graduate. Kurapika gave him his notes and told him to study his ass off. And so Gon did. This week was the final exams, he was fully concentrated. He would study whenever he could. The week after exams would be the last match of the season. Then Homecoming, aka Prom. Then Graduation. And Gon intended to have Killua back hopefully before the game.

=====

It was result day. Gon could feel the sweat on his forehead as he checked his results. He practically screamed in joy. Not only did he pass but he got three distinctions. When he walked the halls he gave a discreet nod to Kurapika who was walking with Killua and Nick. Kurapika smirked to himself as he messaged the 'MASTERPLANNERS😏💅🤰🏽' group a thumbs up setting everything into motion.

Nick quickly kissed Killua on the cheek goodbye rushing after Gon. "Hey Gon! Wait up." Killua's eyes widened, his body in nervous bundles. But in order for the plan to work Kurapika had to steer Killua away from his locker. So Kurapika immediately grabbed Killua's arm and dragged him along to where? Kurapika knows not where. But he will be a shithead to not let the plan commence. But he had to be ready for the next phase of the plan. So he messaged Illumi. Kurapika took Killua the long way out of school. They waited outside, in which Kurapika spoke about the most random shit he could muster. Killua was beyond confused especially when Illumi pulled up, with- "Is that Gon's aunt? And whose that woman in the back seat?" Killua asked in confusion.

Kurapika laughs and shoves Killua into the now open back door. "Who knows!? I will see you in a bit?" Before Killua could answer Kurapika was gone. "Illumi what's going on?" Illumi bit his lip and shrugged. Before driving off.

Nick and Gon stood outside by the football field throwing a ball back and forth. "I know you're Killua's ex." Nick says after a bit. Gon drops the ball and looks at Nick baffled. "I also know you guys kissed that day we talked." Gon was now pretty sure he not only looked like a deer caught in headlights but like the poster example of sweat. Gon was trying to form words but Nick shook his head. "You don't have to say anything or make up a fake apology. I get it. Killua is great. He is amazing. And I love him. I hope you know, I won't let you take him so easily."

Gon nods and gives Nick a small smile. "I know." They both awkwardly look at each other for a bit. Before Gon coughs. "In another world we would be great friends." Gon whispers. Nick chuckles and nods his head in agreement as Gon tosses him the ball again. "Yeah if we weren't both in love with Killua." Another awkward silence passes, Gon wishing for the ground to simply take him away. But it seems Mereum was his saviour today. "Nick. We should talk." Gon released a breath and waved at Nick rushing off.

Nick was about to straight up bitch slap Mereum when Meruem spoke again, not giving Nick a moment to ponder. "Look I know. I get it. I fucked up. But that doesn't change the fact that I am still in love with Kogumi and I would like your permission to- no actually I am going to try and win her back and I don't care if I don't have your permission. I mean I would love to have it, but seeing her- and not being with her, physically hurts and you can't stop me." Mereum says staring Nick down.

Nick glares at Mereum. "I told you I wouldn't have you hurt her again and I meant it. But I don't own my sister. It's her choice if she wants to be with you. But just know I won't hesitate to kill you if you do anything. And I mean anything to harm her. You tell her, her favourite puppy isn't cute and she cried because of it. You're dead." Nick brushes past Mereum getting to his car, to go home. Kogumi has an optometrist appointment today, so she wasn't present in school. They have her go for check ups every few months to make sure everything is still-well the same.

Gon meets the group in the hall. "Assfuck one in position." Kurapika whispers when Gon gets there. Gon smiles at the sentiment. And nods at Kurapika. "Assfuck what is your status?" Gon asks. Kurapika snorts and points at Ikalgo, Leorio, Knuckle and Zushi. "As you can see all assfucks reporting for duty and the first note planted." Gon smiles in triumph.

Zushi bows. "Sir Assfuck, I must now depart. See you for the conference tomorrow." Knuckle bows as well and ruffles Gon's hair while smiling as he nods. "Assfuck." Gon beams. He missed this more than anything. Ikalgo continued to glare at Gon, his gaze hard. Gon gulps wondering if Ikalgo still isn't 100% in. But then Ikalgo finally smiles. "Good to have you back assfuck." He says before kicking off Killua's locker and trotting out of the school.

Leaving Kurapika, Leorio and Gon as the last ones remaining. "I hope this plan of yours works." Leorio says giving Gon a smile. Gon nods in agreement. "Me too." Leorio then says goodbye to Kurapika and Gon.

Kurapika smiles at Gon before giving him a stern look. "I hope you are aware that if you so much as breathe the wrong way in Killua's direction. You are dead." Gon nods quickly, fear striking up inside him. Kurapika is a force to be reckoned with. "Good. Phase one complete then." Kurapika finally leaves as well, making his way to Killua's because the poor little guy was probably so confused and Kurapika couldn't have that because Killua would start piecing things together real fast. So he had to ease his mind.

The plan was simple. Phase 1 is releasing a series of apologies in letters form for three days straight. Phase 2 would be on the fourth day Gon would apologize in person if it's the last thing he does. His apology would and should be long, sincere and sweet. Phase 3 is leaving a scavenger hunt. Killua loves puzzles.  At the end of the Scavenger hunt Killua would not only find Gon, but a bunch of cute trinkets Gon made for their hopefully future relationship and a Prom invitation. It was basic yes, but Killua would want something genuine and well thought out and that's exactly what Gon will give him.