STAY AWAY FROM HER!

2 years ago - aka pre Gon, aka Nick time, aka Junior year, (they are now in their last year of senior year- I heard apperantly in most American systems the last two years are your senior year? Which makes sense kinda similar here I guess in highschool as well, but not exactly lol but yeah) So yeah they 16. AKA BACKSTORY TIME

Killua and Nick were cuddling on the couch as they watched Kogumi leave for her third date with Meruem. "They are so cute." Killua whispers to Nick. Nick grumbles and narrows his eyes feeling particularly protective of his sister. Killua rolls his eyes and kisses Nick's face all over. "Babe relax, she will be okay." Nick sighs but accepts the fate. And Killua was right for the most part that is. She was okay. Kogumi and Meruem became the IT couple at school, next to Killua and Nick that is. And they all hanged out together. A weird combination of a group sure but it worked. The Football players : Nick, Zushi, Knuckle, Leorio Mereum, Youpi and Pouf. The Cheerleader/ Softball player : Pitou. School council/ smartest kids in school: Killua, Kurapika and Ikalgo. The Artist/musician: Kogumi. It was a mixture of everything almost. And they worked. They hang out every lunch, every party. Were at every game, every cheer meet, every music performance, every debate, every mathathon, every art gallery. You name it. And they were there. They were inseparable. Until the party...

It was the end of football season, they have had the biggest winning streak in the history of the school, the celebrations and spirits were high. The party was at Ikalgo's place. His first and last party. Mereum and Pitou were the designated drivers of the two cars. And so the night began. The music was loud, the drinks were strong, the place was more then trashed. And Mereum was Challenged to a beer pong tournament. Kogumi at his side. No one else was in site at the moment so he went for it, Kogumi warned him against it, but he assured her he was fine. And so he played a round. And another round. And another round. Then he was playing Kings. Then another round of Beer Pong. He smoked a joint with Retz. And he was done for it. By the time it was 1am and people were passed out they finally left. Mereum insured he was fine to drive. Pitou drove ahead of them. Killua, Nick, Kogumi and Kurapika got into Mereum's car as arranged.

It happened so fast...

Mereum was dozing off the in the drivers seat. Killua and Nick were giggling at the back as Nick slurredly told jokes. Kurapika was video calling Leorio telling him to save him from the adorably gross two couples. Then Kogumi was yelling for Mereum to watch out. There was a flash. A very distinct scream heard. Everything seemed to slow down as everyone seemed to sober up fast. Mereum's eyes widened as he saw the trucks headlights, his head whips lightening fast in the direction of Kogumi. His hand automatically reaching out to give her extra protection. Another shrill scream heard as Killua, Nick and Kurapika seem to fly forward knocking their heads against the seats. Killua almost flying through the windshield, Leorio's voice ringing from the phone asking what's happening before the line cuts off, Nick grabbing Killua's waist bruisely hard to pull him back, causing his head to slap on the back seat. The car span, all their heads smashing against windows. Everyone seeming to black out, their hearing numb, as the car rolls into the trees, the cracked windshield allowing way for the branches to go through. Another scream heard as they slice through Kogumi's eyes.

Then silence.

Sirens.

Police cars.

Ambulances.

White bright lights.

Distant voices.

When Kurapika, Killua and Nick came to. They all had something bandaged feeling very lucky. In the triage room where they can all see each other. "Can you please tell us about our friends please." Killua asks hoarsely as he notices the clear shock and worry on Nick's face. "The driver Meruem is okay although his tox screen was way too high for someone his age he should be lucky he didn't have alcohol posioning. And he has a broken arm, in a cast. And is in the waiting room."