She couldn't simply tell him she likes him too, right?

The words just won't come out. By the time she blew the dandelions all at once, her mind immediately flew to the only person who had protected her ever since she was nine – even though without her knowing. Deep down, she appreciated the guy's small services even when he was a kid. As they grew up apart, he still kept an eye close to prevent from her former best friend hurting her. She felt really thankful towards him, but she had a hard time in expressing it.

So she sticked around.

It was such a dumb move for her to do when it could hurt him, and it did.

"You don't look like it for me." the princess finally said.

"It does for me," he shifted in his place, ready to get inside. "Let's get inside, they must be searching for you."

Eunkyung reached for his sleeve, "Wait, Seungmin. I have not–"

"Argh!!"

The sudden loud groaning caught them off guard. Both heads whipped to the sound source but their vision was limited only to the entrance of the garden. Then they heard a subtle metal sound of people taking out the swords.

"It's from the main entrance." she lowly spoke.

"Who's ther– argh!!"

Seungmin tightly gripped on the princess' hand when hearing multiple groans and the guards yelling commands. He pulled her to get inside but she tugged him and signed that she wanted to take a look – that's what he thought. "You're not going there."

"I'm taking the swords with me." she half whispered and dragged him to the secret door on the wall where she hides her swords there. She gave him one and they made their way back to the room. However, the duo halted when a dominant voice shouted,

"Find the last princess!"

Terrified, the two friends decided to go to the backyard. There were a series of screaming on the inside which made her absolutely worried for her family and the guests. She wanted to run in but Seungmin held her tightly that she couldn't escape.

They hid behind a wall that was far enough from the entrance. The guy cupped her cheeks with his shaky hands. "Stay here for awhile."

"Seungmin, no–"

"They are searching for you, Your highness. We cannot let them see you," he said with clenched jaw. "I suppose this is going to be the only time you really listen to me so do not go out until I return. You're still hurt. If someone finds you just fight them."

He handed her the sword and gave her a tight grip. With a small smile, he said, "You're the best fighter I've ever known, Kyra. So don't let them catch you."

With that, he ran off.

The door burst opened.

"Find the last princess!"

Sounds of metal clashing started to fill the entire room, followed by screams and sudden stop of the music. The king stopped talking with one of the guests in confusion but when he saw a group of men marching in and some of them fighting with the guards outside, his face turned pale.

"Father!" Eunsoo called when he didn't move a muscle to run away.

"Protect the king and the queen!"

"Honey, the guests." the queen gripped his arm but didn't receive any reaction. Frustrated, the woman ordered the knights to get the guests into a room in the hallway.