The guy hummed while turning her around to face him. Eunkyung obeyed in confusion, "You always act like you're not one," he leaned forward and gently, he wiped the milk that was smudged at the corner of her lips using a tissue. "And even drink like a child. That's adorable."

What–

A smirk curled up when seeing the princess' frozen reaction. Satisfied, he held her cheek in one hand, softly caressing the skin with a thumb and continued, "Even though sometimes I'm against of what you do, I like this princess better, where she doesn't hide herself and I think that's attractive."

Flustered, the girl gripped his wrist and scoffed, "Are you flirting with me right now?"

"Does it look like that?" he faked a questioning look while tilting his head to the side.

"Well, because if you are," she glanced towards the guards. Why is there guards everywhere when this guy is talking nonsense? She definitely did not like this – the guards have ears and they could hear everything. Without saying anything further, Eunkyung dragged him outside from the side door that head to the main garden. The white lights blinded their vision so she turned to face him and pulled him down to her level, "Stop saying nonsense when people are around, please."

Seungmin chuckled. "Why's that so?"

"Because they will get the wrong idea, idiot!" she hit his chest. The male laughed. "And... and this isn't the first time did you even remember what you said the other day– oh my god that was super embarrassing so stop doing it especially when the guards, THE GUARDS, they are human who can hear too, I'm reminding you, are around–"

"Then why aren't you saying anything?"

"Anything what?" she made a full turn to him to see the smile had disappeared from his face. Her frustrated expression fell as well. "What...?"

"You didn't say anything about that night," he shoved his hands in his pockets and sadly smiled, "That I like you."

Instantly, an arrow hit her chest. Suddenly, all the playful atmosphere disappeared when Seungmin looked away and took a deep breath, "I waited for the answer but you never say anything until today. Even though I'm pretty sure he wasn't Jisung or Soobin, or other guys, I still need to hear it from you,

and if I am wrong, I promise I will stop and respect your boundaries."

Those words struck her. Her chest clenched unknowingly. Felix's warning came into her mind. She tried to speak up but nothing came out as she thought,

Did I hurt him?

Indeed, she did. After the confession never once she brought it up to anyone, even to herself. If she's reminded by it she would force herself to forget it yet still keeping him close like nothing happened.

As dumb as it sounds, she didn't realise it. But would the princess tell him that? Maybe no.

Seungmin heaved out a small sigh when he received nothing but silence.

"Your highness,"
"Seungmin,"

Both of them trailed off. Eunkyung pursed her lips and gestured him to talk first but the guy refused to. They silently fought on that until the older gave up and said, this time, keeping a distance between them,

"I'll be waiting for your answer, Eunkyung. But if you have anyone else in mind do tell me immediately because I don't want to look like a fool in front of you."

There's a slump in his throat as he said that. He stared at the princess in adoration with a smile covering his clenched heart. "Your turn."

Eunkyung's breath hitched. She wasn't ready for this. Being a person who's full of pride in herself, it is hard for her to apologise or tell the truth. Yes, she's been keeping them for a long time but she just couldn't let it out.