Ch. 12 Out and About

Start from the beginning

"You don't visit there?"
"Nope. Mom and Dad refused to go back So there was never really a reason to." He shrugged.
"Oh wow. Okay, cool," I responded.
I wonder why they never went back?

We continued our conversation and to my surprise, he also went to college and graduated top of his class in chemistry. I wasn't surprised because he went to school, but the fact that he's an undercover nerd. It's the cutest thing, and I've always had a thing for nerds. No wonder why I'm so attracted to him. Bad boys have never really been my thing, more so Sasha's. So, the first day we met, other than the fact that he's fine as hell, I couldn't figure out why I wanted him so badly. Everything about him screamed bad boy. But, now I know there's a lot more layers to him. Layers that I'll hopefully be able to peel and see for myself.

We've been here for almost 2 hours now, and the music really set the mood for a chill vibe. Our legs were intertwined under the table, and I'd occasionally rub my leg up his. The first time, he was a little surprised so He jumped a little and his knee hit the table. But, around the third time, I could see the growing lust in his eyes.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I smirked before getting up and leaving. I heard him groan and I smiled to myself, loving the reaction I was getting out of him.

I needed a quick break to regain myself. I was all hot and bothered and I needed to calm down. Also, I really needed to pee.

Finding the nearest ladies room in the back, I walked in and I noticed two girls in the corner, gossiping it seemed like. Almost immediately, they stopped talking and stared at me. I dont know why they stopped, it wasn't like I understood Italian anyways.

I walked into the first stall I saw and I heard their whispering continue. I rolled my eyes and scoffed to myself.

One of the girls, her tone was a little aggressive, and it progressively got worse.

Finishing my business, I flushed the toilet and headed for the sink. That's when the staring continued.
"He doesn't like you, you know. He's just using you." Her accent was thick and her voice was a little high.

I stopped washing my hands, and turned to her.

"Who?" I asked, playing dumb. Because, why not? It's fun.
"Dom. He doesn't like...dark girls." I raised an eyebrow and ripped some of the paper off to dry my hands. I stared her dead in the eye.

I don't know who she is or what she's trying to prove, but I know how to fight. I ain't afraid of no bitch. It's one thing to try to warn a sista about a man because of something the man's done to you, and another to do it out of jealousy and pure spite. So she could easily catch these hands.

I laughed. If only she knew Dom only likes black women. He's told me about his past dating life. That he's tried to date women within his race, but it just never works out. She's clearly one of them.

I stepped closer to her, and her little friend that didn't peep a single word.
"I'm sorry. Who are you?"
"Olivia. Dom's girlfriend."
"Oh? Is that so?" I asked.
"Yes. We're gonna get married."
"Really?..." I asked, pretending to be surprised. She nodded.
"Sweetie I don't know who you are, or what you think your relation is to him, but based off the amount of time we spend together, I think I would've noticed if another woman was blowing up his phone. Dom is single." I turned and started walking away, but then I stopped and turned back to face them.

"Not for long though." I smiled before heading for the door.
"No! He's mine" she shouted.
"Okay, then go out there and claim him then." I teased.

I've dealt with my fair share of crazy bitches and exes to know when one is an actual threat and when they're just delusional. She's giving the ladder. Humility seems to be the only treatment to get rid of such insanity. So, If that's what they want, I'll gladly give it to them.