XXXII

It was supposed to be a simple job.

Hawks and the newbie who's name he didn't even bother to remember were supposed to go in, snatch up four babies, deposit them in the 'institution', and get paid for their time by the HPSC.

As soon as the other guy had the kids in his arms, his quirk giving him an extra pair of the appendages, the lights in the house shut off completely, plunging them into darkness.

"Hehehe! What do we have here?" A girl asked from somewhere in the dark home.

"Who are you! Show yourself, right URK!" The guy with the babies began, only for a squelching sound to come from him, Hawks blanching with horror as he was covered in a warm spray of what he knew to be his accomplice's blood.

"Awe, they die so easily!" The psychotic girl giggled as Hawks heard the pitter patter of her feet running around the room.

Himiko eventually lunged at the professional hero with a knife, but he used his quirk to stop her and send her flying across the room and into the wall, hearing her crumple to the ground, at least unconscious.

He groped around until he found a light switch and turned it on, almost vomiting when he saw the guy who's name he didn't even know nearly decapitated with the amount of stabs with a large kitchen knife that his neck had received. Intell said the house should have been empty aside from Miruko! The babies weren't even in the room anymore and for all he knew, Miruko had woken up and taken them away!

"Fuck this." He muttered, not wanting to tangle with the number three hero when he barely had a standing in the upper echelons of the hero world. He was popular and relatively strong, but everyone was scared of Miruko.

Hawks turned and felt his blood run cold when he heard the front door begin to open.

"Hey bunny? Are you doing okay? Danger Sense is going nuts and it was the last day anyway so I cut cla- who the fuck are you?" The walking force of destruction asked him, his underlying fury coming dangerously close to the surface.

Blackwhip shot out of Izuku's chest and wrapped around his throat. "Where are my bunnies?" He asked, his voice terrifying Hawks as his rage broke through slightly.

Hawks tried to summon his feathers to save him, only to watch in horror as his red wings slowly turned green and attached themselves to Izuku's back, not his.

"You have attacked my home, hurt my vampire, and attempted to take away my children! I should kill you where you stand…but my concern is not for you." Izuku growled, the combination of blackwhip and Hawk's wings making Izuku look like some angel of vengeance.

Letting go of Hawks he looked at the now quikless man. "Leave and never show your face again." He growled as he turned to look at Rumi, unconscious on the other side of the room.

Seeing Izuku was distracted, Hawks pulled the gun off the other man who Himiko had killed and pressed the muzzle to her head. "I can't do that, Midoriya, I came for the kids and I will leave with them or she dies."  Hawks said, panicking and looking for any option of escape.

The temperature seemed to drop several degrees at that moment as Izuku turned to Hawks with a look that promised pain and suffering. "I gave you a chance….one chance to leave with your life and you throw it away…for what!?" Izuku growled at this man, this insect that dared to threaten his beloved pet.

Hawks the cold grips of fear wrap around him as the gun wrenched itself out of his hand.

"Did you know that if your heart just stopped it would take you almost a full minute to die, very painful as your body tries to restart the heart.." Izuku's eyes flash green as he uses a Powerful telekinesis Quirk he had managed to nab from a villian on his last outing with his pets, to grab ahold of Hawks heart and stop it from beating.