one

Rosa sat on the bus, earphones plugged into her phone as Arctic Monkey played into her ears. She wasn't looking forward for school today, actually she was dreading it. She never liked school, she didn't have too many friends and she felt like high school was a place where everyone thought they knew everything about everyone. She didn't like the people, she didn't like the teachers and she didn't even like the bus driver.

But Rosa knew that she had to go to school, well that was obvious, but she had to get straight A's, she had to get a good education and she needed to get away from this place as fast as possible.

She knew she didn't belong there, no one anknowledged her either. She was "the quiet one" and everyone thought she was just shy and awkward. 

Well, that was probably true too, but no one knew she could talk for years about music. No one knew how much she loved skittles and no one even cared about what her favorite movie was. They thought they knew her, but they didn't really know her.

She had one friend, Ashton, and he knew everything about her. They had been friends since kindergarden and Ashton knew she loved the smell of rain, that her favorite movie was the breakfast club and that her favorite color was blue. And she knew everything about him too.

Ashton didn't take the same bus as Rosa though, he lived in another direction so he had to take another bus so Rosa had to survive a whole bus ride with obnoxious teenagers that were laughing, yelling and talking about things that were not important. She didn't really understand people.

When the bus came to the school, she waited so she didn't have to get shoved by people that were stressing to get out of the bus. Rosa didn't undersand why they stressed about coming first out of the bus and she never would.

"Rosa! Hey, wait up!" someone yelled and Rosa turned around and looked right into Ashton's hazel eyes. 

His hair had gotten longer and curlier, but it suited him. His large dimples were evident on his face and Rosa smiled back. 

"Hi Ashton." she said. 

"How was your summer?" he asked and Rosa shrugged.

"The same as always." she mumbled. 

"So your father worked the whole summer too?" Ashton asked, making Rosa nod. 

"He's always working, it's not a big deal," Rosa explained as they walked into the school building. 

"It is though." Ashton mumbled, but Rosa chose to ignore it.

She lived alone most of the time because her father was working all the time. She didn't have a mother, but she had a little brother. Her father wasn't often home so she needed to take care of her little brother, but she didn't mind. Rosa loved her little brother.

"So what do you have now?" Ashton asked and Rosa looked down at her plan. 

"I have psychology." she answered. Ashton nodded at her. 

"I have English, I'll talk to you later okay?" Ashton asked, giving her a quick hug before walking to his locker.

When she came to her locker, she felt a gaze on her and she turned around to stare at a tall, blonde haired boy with crystal blue eyes. She knew him, he was the Luke Hemmings, the most popular senior at Sydney High School. The Luke Hemmings that was dating the cheerleader Britney and got drunk on the prom night. He was the Luke Hemmings everyone talked about and knew things about.

When she turned around to look at Luke, he turned his head away, pretending like nothing. Rosa just shrugged it off and grabbed her books before walking to her first class.