The Return

Cecily inhaled deeply as soon as she got out of the car, taking in the now familiar scents, and looked around the clearing surrounding the Cullens' house.

"Home, sweet home," she said brightly, moving towards the trunk where Emmett was already unloading their luggage.

To think that just a few months ago, she thought herself suffocating in the house. Now she couldn't wait to get back.

"You seem happy to be back," Emmett commented.

"Of course I am. And happy to get away from the Volturi. Those guys give me the creeps," she muttered.

"Didn't seem like Demetri gave you the creeps," Emmett replied in a sing-songy voice, grinning at her. Cecily shot him a glare as she yanked the suitcase from him, grabbed another and marched up to the front door. "Come on, Cess! The chemistry was palpable!"

"No, the only thing palpable was my disdain," she shouted, not bothering to look back at him.

"You really shouldn't tease her," Rosalie chided, smiling at Emmett.

"It's fun to see her all worked up," he replied, walking to the house with his and Rosalie's luggage. "Besides, she does like him. She just doesn't want to admit it yet."

"I don't like this," Edward said. "They're going to come after her..."

"Relax, Edward," Alice said. "It'll be fine."

"You keep saying that but yet you won't give me any specifics. Doesn't really put my mind at ease," Edward retorted.

"Just going to have to trust me," Alice said with a wink as she and Jasper walked into the house.

"Suppose I should get to the cottage. Still need to go pick up Renesmee from Charlie's," Bella said with a sigh. "I miss her."

Edward just shook his head as he looked towards the house. He could make out Cecily moving up the stairs towards her room.

"Go ahead. I need to talk to Carlisle," he said. "I'll be over later.

"Edward," Bella warned before turning to the car. "Go easy on her."

Edward just rolled his eyes.

Later on, Cecily and Alice were out in the woods, hunting

Later on, Cecily and Alice were out in the woods, hunting. Cecily was happy to allow her instinct take over, pushing out everything from her mind, including a certain, tall, dark-haired vampire with a smug grin.

She had just taken down an elk and drained it, barely getting any blood on her this time. She grinned as she turned and saw Alice skipping into the clearing, already finished with her own meal.

"It's good to be back," Cecily said, looking around the darkened woods.

"You seem more at ease," Alice replied.

"Like I said, that place and the Volturi give me the creeps," she replied, reaching out with her senses to find any other creatures around them. "Staying locked up all the time in that dank castle..."