43: First date tips

The two boys get out of the car, the younger bowing at the driver who smiles back. They watch as the car drives away before the older makes his way over to the other. He leans in, "I'll see you after school," Sunoo whispers soothingly in his ear before moving away. He winks at him with a smirk before turning and walking away, straight through the gates, getting lost in the crowd of students.

Riki smiles sheepishly to himself, cheeks red. After composing himself for a few seconds, he walks through the same route. He goes into the school and to the cafeteria where he usually meets up with his two friends. 

When he gets to their usual table, he's surprised to see that it was empty. Nevertheless, he sits down on his usual seat and takes his phone out, scrolling through it though not actually paying attention. After all, there were better things to think about. Like the fact that today he would be going on his first date.

He couldn't help but smile at that. His first date. 

"Why are you smiling like a fool? Like a creepy fool?" Sunghoon asks as he arrives at the table, frowning, with Jay trailing behind. 

"I'm going on my first date today," he tells them quietly so as to not be overheard by anyone. A smile was on his lips and his eyes showed happiness.

Shock appeared on both of their faces, blinking rapidly. "What?!" Jay exclaims.

"I told you guys about it," Ni-Ki says with furrowed eyebrows after telling him to be quiet.

"Yeah, we knew it would happen we just didn't know that it would happen so quickly," Sunghoon explains, sipping his banana milk through a thin straw after. 

The youngest rolls his eyes, "It's the Friday after we came back from the competition, four days after. It's been plenty of time!" He explains. "We've also been spending time at home and learning about one another," he tells them shyly. "I... was hoping to get some help from you guys?" He questions, looking between the two with hopeful eyes.

Jay opens his mouth about to say something but Ni-Ki is quick to shut him down. "Please."

"Just forget who I will be with and remember that I want you to be there for me, helping me get ready for my first first date. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and having you two next to me while I get ready would mean a lot."

Jay sighs, "We'll be there. After school. Only for a short time."

"Thank you, Hyung!" The young Japanese boy expresses with a huge smile on his face.

----

"Be ready by 6," Sunoo says with a smile before they separate ways, Ni-Ki going in through the staff door while he took the front door. Riki smiles and nods in response before walking off.

"Mama," he calls out as soon as he arrives at the kitchen where she was making a chocolate cake. 

"Yes, honey?" She questions as she continues to decorate.

"Is it okay if I go out tonight? Shouldn't be here later than 10," he tells her, praying in his head that she would say yes.

"Where are you going?" She asks, eyebrows furrowed as she finally looks up.

"I'm..." he smiles. "I'm going on a date."

Instantly, the woman walks over to him, standing in front of him with excitement. "Well, who's the boy?"

"Is it okay if I don't tell you?" He says hesitantly. "For his privacy, I don't know if he wants anyone else to know," he tells her with a nervous smile.

"Of course, I respect that," she smiles in understanding. "But is he a good man? Good for my baby?" She asks playfully.

"He's great. He's amazing," he responds, an automatic gleam of happiness settling in his eyes.

"Then if you're so sure, then you can go. I trust you. If you need anything just tell me," she finishes off with a wide reassuring smile, planting a kiss on his forehead before going back to work. 

"Jay-Hyung and Sunghoon-Hyung should be here soon. Can you tell them to go up to my room?" He asks as he removes his shoes, putting his backpack away in its usual spot.

"Sure, don't worry."

With that, the boy hurries upstairs with a giddy smile on his face. 

Once in his room, he looks at his phone to see the time which showed 3:54. He takes the time into account as he begins to look through his closet, taking out what he deems to be decent and quickly discarding everything that he doesn't think is appropriate for the scenario.

"We've arrived~" He hears from the door, making him turn to see his two friends stepping inside with some items in their hands.

"You could knock, you know," he says, directed at Sunghoon. 

"Yeah, we could but that's an overrated action and a complete waste of time!" He argues making the youngest roll his eyes playfully before turning his attention back to the closet.

"I have approximately two hours to get ready soooo HELP," he says, eyes wide with panick. "I literally have no idea on what to do. On what to wear, on how to act, am I supposed to hold his hand? Should I wait? Should-"

"RIKI!" The oldest shouts. "Calm down," he tells him softly, approaching him. He turns him around and grabs his shoulders and looks into his eyes, "You have nothing to worry about. You guys like each other a lot and just being there should be enough. You can wear what you want. If that's your pijamas, then go ahead! Stop worrying so much and just be yourself," he smiles slightly, looking at him with adoring eyes. 

Riki sighs, looking down as he begins to play with his hands, "I'm just worried that I'll ruin everything. It's my first time going out with anyone and more specifically someone that I actually like," he explains as memories of his time in Japan return. Times when he had to pretend he was interested in someone when truly he was looking at someone else. Times where he was almost forced to go out with someone he wasn't attracted to.

"Let's take some deep breaths and focus," Sunghoon says, cutting in from the side. "The first thing you should know when going on a date is that you have to be yourself. No matter what. If the other person doesn't like that, then they aren't worth it," he smiles softly at the nervous boy who found himself loosing up at their words.

Right. He has to be himself. That's all. He can do that.

He can.