17: PRE-PHASE Studio

Kim Sunoo never cared about anyone, not about their whereabouts or their doings at least. He didn't care about his father as he thought it would be a waste and he didn't care in that way of his best friend as he thought that he was free of doing what he wanted, no need of thinking of what those were. He thought that knowing about other people was some space that would take up his brain, unnecessary, useless, pointless. That was until this point in his life where he had a curiosity about a certain blond-haired boy.

"What did he say?" The silver head asks the blue-haired male as soon as he comes into view.

The younger rolls his eyes, "I can't believe you actually made me do that," he says, narrowing his eyes slightly.

The older rolls his eyes as well, crossing his arms over his chest, "Stop being petty and tell me what he said."

"First of all, I am not petty," he scoffs. "Second of all, the whole fucking scenario was awkward with his friends just listening in on our conversation so you owe me your life. Lastly, he said that he was adjusting fine, that his classmates treated him well, the teachers are well... teachers, that he enjoyed dance class today as they are starting out learning about ballet," the male summarized.

"That's all?"

"Yes! What else do you want me to tell you?" He questions exasperatedly.

"Who are the people he was sitting with."

"Jay-Hyung and Sunghoon-Hyung."

"How did he meet them?" He asks with the same nonchalant tone he always uses, one of his eyebrows raised.

Jungwon sighs, turning his head down and crossing his arms over his chest. "You know Jay-Hyung is the president, Riki is a transfer slash exchange student so he was in charge of giving him a tour like how it normally would be, it's obvious," he states tiredly.

Sunoo hums, nodding his head, "Thanks Won," he was about to walk away when the younger grabbed onto his wrist, stopping him.

"Now will you tell me why you just made me do that?" He questions, raising an eyebrow.

The older clears his throat, "Mrs. Nishimura asked for a favor and I had to comply."

"Since when do you care about other people's favors?" He questions only to receive a shrug in response. He narrows his eyes, "I'm onto you," he announces, pointing his finger at him accusingly, Sunoo rolls his eyes at his dramatic friend before he finally lets his wrist go.

~

Ni-Ki was waiting outside of the building with a sign which clearly stated he was in the right place as it has the words 'PRE-PHASE STUDIO' boldly painted on it. He walked around in the same spot back and forth, putting his weight on one foot to another boredly. His cheeks were puffed out, looking around with innocent eyes making him look adorable in anyone's eyes and that's the first thing that Jay said when he finally arrived.

"Gosh, you're such an adorable boy," he says, pinching one of the boy's cheeks, scrunching his nose while his other hand held his sports bag.

"Hyung," the younger whines, slapping his hand away from his face.

Jay chuckles, "Fine, fine I'll stop, we should go in. Sunghoon is waiting inside," he informs, pushing the door open.

Riki furrows his eyebrows, "I thought Sunghoon-Hyung was a model."

"He sings and dances as a hobby," Jay shrugs, continuing to lead the way while the younger makes an 'o' with his mouth, gripping onto his bag somewhat nervous. "Yeah, that's why he is so full of himself, for knowing how to do a lot of things," he rolls his eyes, "Whatever you do, for my sake, do not compliment the boy," he finishes off in exasperation, the blond chuckling at how done the older looked just as they arrive at the front desk.

A young woman sitting there, writing things in a notebook as she simultaneously talks to a red-haired boy who was standing beside her.

"Hey Jia-Noona and Heeseung-Hyung," Jay greets.

"Great, you're here Jay, now take the boy away," the black-haired female pleads dramatically making the said boy to rolls his eyes and scoff.

"How about you leave? This is my studio. You don't have to be here, I can hire someone new," he states, childishly sticking his tongue out.

The girl scoffs, "Sure I wonder how our dad would feel about that, Lee Heeseung."

"I can just tell him how you never get your work done!" He retorts challengingly.

Jia smirks, finally looking up at him, "You want me to tell me what you actually do when you leave late at night?"

He turns beet red, glancing at the younger boys before clearing his throat, "J- just shut up," he mumbles before heading closer to the two boys who were staring at them amused, leaving his younger sister with a victorious smirk. He clears his throat, "Hey Jay."

"Hey Hyung," the other says, stifling a laugh. "What do you do when you leave late at night?" He asks, finally bursting into laughter.

Heeseung widens his eyes, smacking the back of his head, "Shut up!" He commands, looking around but there was nobody. A couple of seconds later of waiting for the 19-year-old to stop laughing, he turns the other male there who was simply looking at them with uncertainty and awkwardness.

"Who are you?" The oldest asks bluntly, looking from Jay to the stranger back and forth twice before settling his gaze at the older of the two.

"Oh right, what we came here for," Jongseong says. "This," the points at the youngest, "Is Nishimura Riki, a transfer student at Hanlim from Japan. He is a practical dance major with the dream of becoming an idol. I thought it would be ideal to bring him here until he finds a company," he explains with a proud grin.

Heeseung's eyes turn to the blond boy in a jiffy with a wide, warm smile, "Great, welcome to PRE-PHASE Studio where we help you take the next step."