4: Necklace Boy

"Damn," Taki breathes out after what his best friend had said. He looks up, making eye contact with him, "That dude is a complete asshole!" He exclaims in rage and he had every right to be. He knew how much that necklace meant to his best friend and he couldn't help but burst out in anger.

Ni-Ki sighs, "As much as I agree it's also me and my clumsy ass's fault. I should have paid attention to where I was going... I get why he was mad, the shirt cost twenty-five million won, like two hundred thousand yen!" He exclaims exasperatedly, putting his hands on his hair in frustration.

"But that dude didn't have to take your necklace! Especially after you said it was important to you!" He retorts with furrowed eyebrows.

"What are you guys shouting about?" A male asks, peeking his head out of the room where he was teaching a class.

"K-ani, Ni-Ki-" He was cut off by the boy next to him putting his hand over his mouth.

"It's nothing, oniisan, go back to your class," Riki says with a reassuring smile.

Taki puts on a frown, "You should have let me talk! K-ani would have gone to beat that boy up!" He huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He would worry over it too much, you know how he is. He would have wanted to give me money when the studio is just starting to hold up! Do not tell your brother! I will kill you if you do!" He states with an intimidating gaze, pointing his finger at the boy who surrenders, relaxing his shoulders.

"Fine, but if I ever see that boy, I swear I'll take it into my own hands."

~

Mrs. Nishimura stirs the pot full of stew in a daze, rethinking back on the offer she had gotten the previous night. Going to South Korea to work for Mr. Kim.

It seemed like a great opportunity for her, especially after being told that bringing her son would be okay. She knew Riki's dream was being a K-Pop idol, she had dismissed him dreaming too big long ago. Going to Korea would make his dreams not seem too far but there would also be so much that they would have to leave behind. Is either of them ready for that?

Her son had gushed over a particular school, Hanlim High school. He said that being a part of it would be a dream come true and if they were in the same country as the school then they could somehow manage to pay for it.

She sighs, she should consult this with Riki before the Kims leave.

~

"It's nearly eight in Japan, right? What do you want Hyung?" Jungwon says groggily from the other line.

Sunoo scoffs, "Yeah, and it's almost twelve pm there in England, you lazy boy." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm on vacation!" He whines, not even bothering to lift his head up from his pillow.

"Whatever, I'm going to the convenience store and I need some company."

"Now you're a scaredy-cat?"

"What? I have every right to be, I'm a handsome boy, you never know what can happen and if I get kidnapped, you will be the witness," he replies as he opens the store, giving a lazy bow to the cashier.

"Stop being so full of yourself, could you?" the younger rolls his eyes.

"I'm not, I'm stating facts," he rolls his eyes as well as he continues to scan through the snacks.

"Hey, Hyung, I heard what happened yesterday."

Sunoo furrows his eyebrows, "What do you mean yesterday?"

He finally opens his eyes, widening them slightly. "You getting your shirt stained and taking that poor boy's necklace?!" He exclaims, amused.

"Ah, that," he says nonchalantly bowing to the sleepy male cashier before walking out.

"Just that?! You were honestly an asshole, Sun. I could hear how hurt the poor boy was. It's not like you really need that shirt! You have millions of other choices!"

Sunoo rolls his eyes, sitting on one of the tables outside the store, "I was in a bad mood."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously, stop bothering. I plan to give it back someday, the necklace is hideous anyway," he says before beginning to bite down his mint chocolate bar.

"Well, call me when you do, I am not talking to you until you do. Bye-bye Sun," he states, hanging up.

"Drama queen," Sunoo mumbles, opening a bag of chips before starting to go through Instagram.

He soon begins to stand up, just to bump into someone, again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," the person says quickly. He looks up at the person's face, his own quickly becoming a frown.

"Oh necklace boy, stalking me?"

"You're the foreigner here!" He exclaims, glaring slightly at the pink-haired boy.

"I don't see the correlation." Ni-Ki puts a confused face, thinking back to all those personal Korean lessons he has had for years. "Relation, connection, get it?" Sunoo rolls his eyes, Ni-Ki making an 'oh' face, finally understanding.

"I don't feel like going into a bad mood, I'll get going now. I'll get you your money soon," the younger announces, the last part in a slight mumble.

"Whatever you want, necklace boy," he responds even if the other had already begun to walk, coincidentally in the same direction.

They keep walking, Ni-Ki enjoying the silence while Sunoo furrows his eyebrows in confusion. The only thing that could be heard were the sounds of soft footsteps on the sidewalk, not a single car nor person is in sight. The streetlights above, illuminated them though some of them flickered. The full moon shines brightly above him, stars decorating them as a background. The calm, slightly warm wind-

"Can you stop following me?!" Ni-Ki exclaims, turning back.

Sunoo snickers, amused, "Listen, I would never waste my time following a useless necklace boy."

"Then don't! Go on your own way!"

"Don't flatter yourself, my vacation house just happens to be the one there," Sunoo says, pointing towards the biggest house ahead of them.

"Hell no," Riki exclaims in realization. "YOU'RE THE NEW OWNER'S SON?!"