37: Their love, their happiness

Jungwon glanced between the other two boys in the practice room, biting his bottom lip lightly. The two were completely focused on their performances but there was still a thick tension encircling the room and between them was him. The two boys hadn't directed a word to each other for the past week and it seemed as if they had no intention of changing that. Though Sunoo had expressed his desire to change their relationship, he also said he wanted to focus on the competition and keep his mind there. Jungwon knew he was stalling.

On the other hand, in Riki's mind, there were many thoughts but not only about the silver head. Rather, on how he had come out to his mom and best friend. 

He was in desperate need of advice after the event that had happened and his mind was filled with guilt at the thought of his best friend not knowing. Without much thought, that night, he went on a call with Taki and told him what he had to say. Some tears were spilled, some laughs, smiles, and many reassuring words. He still thought back to that and wondered how he could have doubted the brotherly love between them.

Additionally, just two days ago, after many conversations with all of his friends, he had decided to tell his mother.

He had taken a big sigh before stepping into her room that night. His mother had a worried expression after looking at him. She had patted the spot next to her on her bed and he went over, rested his head on her shoulder, cuddling next to her. He had closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth before his mouth opened, "Mom," he had said softly to which his mom only hummed as she ran her hand through his hair soothingly. "I'm gay," he finished off in something that was just above a whisper. The action that Mrs. Nishimura was doing stopped and he opened his eyes, sat up, and made the brave decision to look into her eyes. She had broken off into a smile and he teared up, "I love you no matter what," she stated softly, looking into his eyes adoringly before hugging him tightly. He sighed in relief and cried a little with a smile tugged up onto his lips and he didn't remember anymore from that night. He just knew that he had woken up in the safe arms of his mother. 

"I'm going to go get water," the blue-haired boy says abruptly making the other two stop what they were doing. 

Ni-Ki panted when he stopped his dance and Sunoo halted the music he was singing to. They glance at each other, leading to them making eye contact for a second before they hastily look away. 

"I'll go with you," Sunoo says blankly, beginning to walk towards the other.

"I don't need help to go get water," he replies, glancing between the two before walking out of the room.

He sighs after getting out. It was suffocating in there. 

He walks down to the first floor, wanting to take up as much time as possible away from the other two. He goes to the water fountain near the front desk and after giving the girl sitting there a slight bow, he opens his bottle, positions it, and presses the button, allowing water to fill it. A couple of seconds later, a pair of feet stops next to me which grabs his attention, making him lookup. The other male that stood in front of him was looking back and he nods in acknowledgment which he does back, a small smile on his lips.

He screws his bottle shut and attempts to walk back up to the third floor when the male stops him. He raises an eyebrow, silently asking 'what?' 

The other clears his throat, "Riki has been weird and I have a feeling that's thanks to your friend," the boy simply states, full of bitterness. 

"Did he not tell you anything?" He questions calmly.

"What is there to tell?" Jay asks, turning his position to directly face the younger, a frown taking over his expression. 

"Something happened between them."

"Can you stop beating around the bush?" He says, full of annoyance. "I care about Riki and he has been completely off these days. He doesn't talk or laugh as much as before and it's as if something is always filling his mind. Something is bothering him and I need to know what that is," he explains. "I respect his decisions and feelings which is the only reason I haven't beaten up your friend but you're not Kim Sunoo and if you don't tell me, I won't hesitate to get answers from you." 

Jungwon rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest, looking at the other in amusement. "I don't think it's my place to tell anyone about their affairs. Even if you're his friend," he states, taking a turn and walking. Not even two steps later, he was stopped when the older stepped in front of him making him sigh. "Look, Park, I'm not trying to be an asshole. I really am trying to respect Ni-Ki and Sunoo-Hyung. Sunoo-Hyung told me as his best friend and entrusted me with his problem. I will not go around and tell you just because you want to know."

"I don't wanna know just because, I care about Riki and I want to help him, that's all."

The other looked thoughtful, looking away before he looks back at the other. "I won't tell you what happened but I'll tell you something we can do to get everything back together. If we can get them to talk their problems out then we can get them to be happy. Get back to normal. Their love can also be their happiness."

"Why are you two years younger than me but so mature?" The 2002-born sighs before nodding, "What do you need from me?"

"Like the past years, we'll need to go to a hotel for the competition. You will pair up with Sunghoon-ssi as usual, I'm sure that Intak-ssi and Jongseob-ssi will pair up. I'll pair up with Heeseung-Hyung and that'll leave Ni-Ki and Sunoo-Hyung together. Just don't say anything against it," he explains.

"I don't trust Sunoo to be in a room alone with Riki," he tells the other, furrowing his brows.

"If they are stuck together, they won't have any other choice than to talk. Just," he sighs, "Just trust what I'm saying."

"I will trust you," he responds. "This once."

"If we care about their happiness then the first step is to get them to resolve this and let them unravel their love for each other and let them discover everything else together."