6: Dreams

"Wow," was all Taki said when his best friend explained what had just happened.

Riki rubs his face frustratedly, "Tell me what do I do? It's my dream school but I can't just leave you and the others. It's too abrupt."

There was a silence.

"You should accept," Taki says, looking forward, no emotion in his voice as he was in deep thought.

"I don't know... I can't.'

"But you should," he says turning to the other, holding onto his shoulders to turn him to look back at him, "It's your dream Ni-Ki, an opportunity like this won't come again in this lifetime. The others will understand. We all know that your dream isn't just dancing but it's also singing as you do so, performing in front of fans, your fans," he encourages, eyes sparkling.

"Are you sure?"

"Come on, let's go see the others."

Dragging his best friend by his wrist into the building they were previously sitting in front of, he directly takes him into their usual practice room where most of the members were already waiting.

"Oh," K was the first to react, "I was surprised when I didn't see Ni-Ki here when I walked in."

"We were outside... talking. There's something Ni-Ki has to tell all of you!" Taki states the last sentence hurriedly, pushing his friend in front of him.

"What is it Riki?" A new voice enters the conversation, Haku Shota asks, stepping forward with a raised eyebrow.

The addressed boy lets out a heavy breath, looking down at the floor. "My mom got a job offer... to work in Korea... I would get the chance to go to Hanlim along with it."

There was a silence before, "That's amazing Riki!" Hitomi Honda exclaims, clapping her hands cutely, slightly jumping in her spot.

"You should go for it. If it's our approval you're looking for, I'm sure all of us will be proud to send you off to Korea to make your dreams come true," Ikema Ruan states calmly, giving him a smile getting nods, and smiles of approval from the rest of the crew.

Riki raises his head up with a smile, looking at each and every person that was part of his second family only seeing their assuring smiles.

"When are you leaving?" K asks sadly yet excited.

He rubs his nape, chuckling nervously, "At five... today."

The members all smile softly, "We'll miss you Riki," K states, going to him and hugging him tightly. One by one, all fifteen members were embraced within each other, sad but proudly letting their youngest go.

~

"This is it..." Ni-Ki says with a deep sigh, getting teary-eyed, hesitating to go into the mansion as he internally prepares himself to inform his mother of his decision.

"Hey!" A voice calls from behind but Riki, too deep into his thoughts, doesn't hear a thing. "Hey!" The voice says again more roughly as he grabs onto the younger's shoulder tightly making him wince before turning to look at the other with a glare.

"What do you want?"

"Shouldn't you be going in through the service door? Through the kitchen?" The pink-haired boy raises an eyebrow, putting both of his hands in his pockets.

Riki rolls his eyes, "I'm sorry Mr. New Owner, I'll go there then," he bows sarcastically, beginning to walk away before he was stopped by the other gripping onto his wrist. He huffs in exasperation.

"I didn't dismiss you," the other pronounces with a frown.

"I am not the employee here, my mom is. You have no control over me," he clarifies, trying to get the other's hand away from his wrist but to no avail. He gives up, stomping his feet, "What the fuck do you want. Mind telling me? Or can you let me go?" He asks frustratedly, making eye contact with him.

Sunoo takes a deep breath before taking his hands off, a weird warm feeling going through his stomach. "I want nothing. Just remind you about the money I'll be expecting it, necklace boy," he states coldly.

"You don't have to remind me, bastard," he replies with a scowl before finally walking away.

~

Ni-Ki decided to help his mother pack when he had told her of his decision. The female had put on a warm smile, nodding in approval which made him reciprocate it. He was packing his last couple of clothes as he thought of the pros of going to Korea.

1. He would be closer to his dreams
2. He would be attending the school he has always dreamed of attending.
3. He would be close to the owner's son; in a sense, him being close to his precious necklace.
4. Experiences.

That was basically all. He would miss his friends, his crew, the food, the usual festivals he would perform in, going to the rooftop to see the stars, the crowded Japanese streets.

He takes a deep breath as he zips his suitcase up, he would miss everything.

"Riki," a female voice calls from his door making him turn, putting on a tight-lipped smile for his mom. "I'll miss Japan too," she states, going to her son, taking both of his hands in hers in assurance. "I promise that we will visit whenever we can, I promise to cook you every Japanese craving you have as well but you know that this is the best decision. Your heart wants to stay close to what you have known since you were born but this time I'm advising you to listen to your mind; logically. If you want to make your dreams come true, we have to do this," she says with teary eyes and a soft smile.

"I know," he mumbles on the crook of her neck as his mom secures her arms tightly around him.

~

All fourteen crew members had come to the airport to bid him goodbye and he was just glad that he hadn't told Taki that the spoiled boy he had met at the convenience store was the same spoiled boy that had been listening to music with closed eyes just a couple of feet away from where the chaotic group was situated.

"I'll miss you," Ni-Ki lastly mumbles to his best friend, hugging him tightly. They had known each other since they were eight and it's undeniable that they had been inseparable since then. Taki kept a smile along the whole bidding despite his red, teary eyes.

"You better call me every night," the slightly older boy mumbles back, chuckling a little.

"We're leaving now Riki," his mom announces, giving the crew a sad smile.

He sends a smile back, "You guys better come to Korea soon to compete! I'll be rooting for you then!" He exclaims too enthusiastically, the members reciprocating though they all knew that they were just doing so so that they could keep their spirits up, to mask up the sadness.

He started to walk away, his mom beside him without turning back.

All the ones behind, finally let their tears go as their lips were tugged up in a smile that was slightly shaking. They all have known Riki for at least 7 years, he was a younger brother to them all. Taki in particular was now sobbing on his older brother's shoulder.

~

Riki wasn't crying, he couldn't. He was looking out the plane window with his eyes sweating, that's all. He feels a warmth in his hand though he doesn't turn to look, knowing who it was.

"We'll be fine honey, let's make our dreams come true," she whispers warmly for his ears only.

Riki lets all his tears fall, his eyes still cast on the outside.